Worcester Green Star 30 He Plus boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
we are getting no hot water at all from our combi , condensing boiler .
the central heating seems to be on all the time.
after trawling the web , i thought it could be the diverter valve .
with the hot tap running i tried various settings of the heating / hot water to see if hot water worked with heating on. the flow temp shot up to 116 and the system pressure went up. i then turned off the boiler at the main switch.
could the diverter valve cause this to happen?
any help greatly appreciated
thanks
phil

Sponsored Links
Diverter is probably the culprit, easy enough to fix. What did you do with the settings to get the temperature to shoot up like that?

I would strongly recommend not to change any other settings, as you may have a problem getting it right, and find it impossible to bring the boiler back to what it should be. Most experienced RGI's find it complicated, even if they have all the data, which you probably don't have.

greenstars can run pretty hot without putting a code up, i see them at 99 degrees all the time, usually with the preheat on.

you should be able to hear the diverter motoring back and forth when you run the tap or demand heating.

Sponsored Links
greenstars can run pretty hot without putting a code up, i see them at 99 degrees all the time...
That means you see a lot of them that are not set up correctly :D
99 is bad, but 116? :eek:

hmm, what do i need to set up? it usually goes that high after a demand or when the preheat is on and water has been used.

the only settings i changed were the basic settings for auto,constant,hot water immediately etc. nothing too indepth.
cant hear anything other than the burner firing up when the tap is turned on.
is it possible for an amateur to change the diverter? if not what price should i expect from an engineer?
thanks
phil
116 was on the lcd dispaly.

no offence but if i would recommend you dont have a go yourself in this instance. get worcester out on a fixed fee repair.

Not sure what WB charge these days for a fixed fee repair, I have heard anything from £160 to £300.
I have only once seen a greenstar he plus that had this fault, and it was a half hour job.
It might be something simple here as well, in which case you would pay over the top for a WB fixed fee repair. Your best bet is to call in a local RGI, and tell him you want the boiler serviced anyway, and want him to quote you for the repair whilst he is at it. If you are honest to him and tell him about the problem before he shows up, he should be fair enough to only charge you for the service if you decide to go for the fixed fee repair. I would.
The boiler needs servicing anyway, and they don't do that on a repair job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back