Worcester Greenstar 18/25 condensing boiler lockout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Hoping for a bit of help. I have the above oil boiler its about 8 years old. And was working fine, then suddenly the lockout light appears. The boiler was reset, and worked for about 3 hours, central heating and hot water was on.
Since then it's gone about 6 times over the past 4 days, on one occasion working for more than 24hrs.
Any ideas, what could be the problem, before I call out an engineer to assess it please?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Lockouts can occur from many different causes.

But when did you last have it serviced?

Identifying an intermittent fault can sometimes be difficult. But that depends on how well the boiler has been maintained and set up.

Tony

It was only serviced a few weeks ago and the nozzle changed. I was thinking and hoping that with it running fine for over 24 hours that the most likely cause, could be fuel starvation and possibly the filter partially blocked on the tank?????

Sponsored Links
Filter should have been checked at service.
My Crystal Ball is not working today.

Well of course it could be anything!

But most would call back the engineer who did the servicing as you would not expect repeated lockouts after a service.

Of course immediately after a service the occasional lockout might occur as a result of air in the disturbed supply.

You mentioned a filter at the tank end, didn't you point that out to the engineer so that he could clean it?

Tony

Get the engineer back and tell him to get it fixed did he change the nozzle and set the oil pressure
with a gauge I think you need a 0.65x60degree ES nozzle Nd 120psi.Bob

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back