Worcester Bosch oil boiler fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Worcester Bosch Heatslave 18/25 oil combi. 5 years old, serviced annually. All appears fine but it sometimes goes to lockout when the heating is on.

Its the 'boiler lockout' that trips not the flue or burner one so the lockout light doesn't come on.

The burner just stops but the pump keeps running. it works fine for a day or more once reset.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I have a Worcester Bosch Heatslave 18/25 oil combi. 5 years old, serviced annually. All appears fine but it sometimes goes to lockout when the heating is on.

Any ideas?

I would suspect that the oil burner motor capacitor needs renewing. When you press the reset button or when you switch the boiler on do you hear a humming noise coming from the burner or does it hesitate before it starts up.

spraggo

Presumably its the boiler overheat stat that you are trying to reset?
If so, the boiler can't disperse all of the heat that it is producing, so make sure any TRV's are fully on, and maybe turn the pump speed up one notch. The bypass valve may need adjusting too.
John :)

System Pressure Low?? check pressure Guage, these often stick and show a higher reading than is actually there so give it a tap first! ;)

Sponsored Links
Thanks Burnerman...

I opened the bypass a little and opened the lockshields a quarter turn each and have had no problems since!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back