Worcester GreenStar 24 central heating problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Worc Greenstar with central heating problem.

Boiler heats tap hot water no problems.

However central heating is irratic. When I looked at the boiler
is was cruising at 34 degrees even though the central heating was set
on and there is no wall thermostat.

I turned up the central heating temperature a little to the 3 or 4 position the boiler then fired heating on a low setting until about 42 degree then shutdown again?

I turned up the central heating temperature to the E setting which should be about 75 degrees the boiler then started very slowly heating up doing this -|- cross symbol. Every so often. This seems to indicate a trap filling program was active? Even after about 10 minutes it had only got to about 50 degrees.

What is this boiler doing? Any ideas as to the problem?

Sponsored Links
I believe the newer Worcesters have a 15 minute trap filling/start up mode, with DHW demand it may reset that timer.

Has the power to the appliance been off recently? Or the main switch on the boiler been off?

Normally this refers back to normal operation on its own, if not it may have an internal problem. (PCB fault maybe)

Sponsored Links
This model is often used for budget installs, and to keep a decent profit margin, corners are cut.
It would seem that your boiler confirms this rule, which means there could be a number of issues ranging from faulty electrics to a clogged up system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back