Worcester Greenstar 25Si - bad choice?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So,

After ages of looking I think I've decided on the Worcester Greenstar 25Si.

But I wouldn't mind a few comments about whether I should really be going for a Valliant EcoTec Pro 24, or a larger boiler and getting a Baxi...

Cheers guys
Ross

Sponsored Links
Had 3 people all quote for the 24kw size. I presumed they knew what they were talking about...

However, I will have British Gas coming round as well.

Had 3 people all quote for the 24kw size. I presumed they knew what they were talking about...
Did they measure the cold water flow rate at the kitchen tap?

How many living in the property?
How many baths and showers?

Hope you are sitting down when they give you their "specially discounted" price. ;)

Sponsored Links
Did they measure the cold water flow rate at the kitchen tap?

How many living in the property?
How many baths and showers?

Hope you are sitting down when they give you their "specially discounted" price. ;)

No none of the installers checked flow. I currently have a Vokera Excell 80SP - I guessed they knew the water pressure was enough from looking at the old system?

I gather what to expect from BG - but it seems the done thing to do. Will they check the flow?

2 bed flat. Just me and my girlfriend, but 3 people if anyone stays over. I have got - 6 rads and one shower.

Cheers

No none of the installers checked flow. I currently have a Vokera Excell 80SP - I guessed they knew the water pressure was enough from looking at the old system?
They probably worked on the basis that, as you didn't complain about the performance of the Vokera, that was the right size to specify.

I gather what to expect from BG - but it seems the done thing to do. Will they check the flow?
Probably not, as you already have a combi.

You can easily check the flow rate at the kitchen cold tap using a marked bucket and a watch. Work out the flow rate in litres per minute; then multiply this by 10. This gives you the minimum size boiler you should have. Get the next one up.

As to makes, Vaillant and Worcester have good reputations; Baxi not so good. British Gas boilers are just re-badged other makes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back