Worcester greenstar 28i hot and cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
Our greenstar 28i is warming up then cold and takes ages to warm up again just to go cold again. If you run shower or taps on really low flow then maybe it’ll keep hot…
We had this problem last year. I was going to change the heat exchanger plate.. I flushed the system first with cleaner then got a plumber in to change it. But he started by servicing it and changed the baffles in the main bit as they’d burnt away strangely, and it seemed to be working…

but it’s started again. When we first noticed it went cold I checked boiler and the pressure was right down so topped it up but it’s still going hot and cold.
So my question is.. should I change the heat plate this time? Is this a good candidate for this fault? Maybe by flushing the system last time I cleaned it out just enough to work?.. could the diverter valve be something that’s wrong. Maybe I should change both whilst I’m there?
Any thoughts!?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Very probably the plate heat exchanger and and as far as I recall it’s quite a difficult job on that particular boiler.

Sponsored Links
Thank you very much guys. Ordered the plate, replaced… and the hot water is restored! was actually quite an easy job, watched a quick YouTube video.. dropped it down the back after removing the hot water outlet. Didn’t take too long and really chuffed I shorted it without expensive charges.
thanks again!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back