Worcester Greenstar 30CDI-pressure issue

Hi Longshanks
Maybe I've confused you a little....using the radiator bleed valve is a perfect way of reducing the pressure in your system. It takes a little while, and maybe a bit messy but its foolproof - you don't interfere with the pressure release valve so the chances of that playing up are minimal.
You only need to reduce the pressure to zero if you intend to check and maybe repressurise the expansion vessel with air.
So, if you want to reduce your pressure to - say - one bar, just bleed out water from the rad valve until you see that pressure on the gauge. There's no need to go lower and then bring the pressure up again with the filling loop - you would only use that facility if the pressure was low.
So.....a couple of tips to keep your boiler happy. Check the pressure in the expansion vessel yearly. Keep an eye on the boiler pressure...it should not rise or fall at all ideally - and make sure that filling loop is completely turned off. Even the slightest drip will over pressurise the system in a day or two.
Hope this helps! Have a good evening
John :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks John

In my case "[/i]checking that the filling loop is completely turned off" is that white knob next to the hole for the insertion key. Do I ned to insert the key and turn 45 degrees etc before checking that the knob is fully off?

In relation to "
checking the expansion vessel annually" I take it you mean the air pressure with a bicycle pump etc,

Thanks again

Hello
The filling loop knob is the one to the right of the insertion key, which is meant to be withdrawn after use...there's a good explanation in the FAQ's about that one - better than I can explain!
The expansion vessel can be pressurised with a bike or car pump, assuming that it has the correct schraeder connector of course. The boiler pressure needs to be zero when testing and refilling it with air of course, and check the thing for leaking afterwards.
John :)

Many many many thanks John

Definitely no more questions.

I won't blame you if there's a gas explosion or if we all freeze when I knacker the boiler!!!

Have a nice Christmas.

Longshanks and family

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back