Worcester Greenstar 30i

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I've just had a new Greenstar 30i fitted, can someone tell me if it is OK to have the external vent/plume fitted facing upwards at 45 degrees? Won't rain get into this? I've also noticed now they've left that they've fitted TRVs on all the new radiators meaning that every single rad in the house has a Trv on it, is that an issue? I thought one was meant to be left without. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20210302_173423.jpg
    IMG_20210302_173423.jpg
    495.3 KB · Views: 58
Sponsored Links
Rain in inner flue won't be a problem, it'll just go into condensate trap in boiler.

At least one rad should be without TRV

I think that’s the variable position flue terminal, so should be ok rain wise.

Sponsored Links
How does the boiler shutdown if all the TRVs are closed?
What controls have they fitted?

Although there should also be an external by-pass valve there is also an internal by-pass valve, so yes TRV's should be fitted to all radiators.

The basic idea is as the TRV's close so the by-pass opens allowing hot water to circulate so first modulating the boiler to 7.14 kW and then cycling boiler off/on to further reduce output. So boiler is controlled by the return water temperature.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back