Worcester Greenstar Heatslave 18/25

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all.

Having some trouble with my boiler.

Heating upstairs works fine but there is no heating downstairs for some reason.
Ive checked the pressure on the boiler which is fine at 1.5 and there is also no air in the rads?

Any help will be great!

thank you

Sponsored Links
turn off all the upstairs ones.

What happens?

How long has this been happening?

Hi John.

Its been happening for about a week or so, Ive drained down the system thinking it might be an air lock but when ive filled it back up its still the same.

I can actually feel the central heating pipes and its hot, but as it comes down the wall its cold?

Check the pumps working, gravity might be heating the upstairs rads.

Sponsored Links
Hi gigz, the pump makes no noise when its on? and Ive turned the screw-in nut out on the front and a lot of air comes out, then hot water follows.

but still no luck

Is it spinning ? Take big screw out and put a smaller driver inside, you should feel the spindle spinning, if not try twisting it back and forth, it might just be seized.
P.s. Is it red hot ?

have you turned off the upstairs radiators yet?

Is the pump surprisingly hot?

edit
too slow

Hi gigz , i will give it a try tomorrow mate thank you!

Hi John, yes i have tried turning them of etc and the pump is still hot.

If the pump is red hot it could be knackered. Try tapping it with a hammer.

Hi gigz , i will give it a try tomorrow mate thank you!

Hi John, yes i have tried turning them of etc and the pump is still hot.
But did the downstairs rads warm? I am now guessing not, because the pump is hot.

A very-hot pump indicates that it is receiving electrical power, but is not pumping water (the water flow takes away excess heat). The pump gets hotter than the pipes. This could be because it is jammed, or dry, or there is a blockage or closed valve preventing flow. The screwdriver test will tell you if it is jammed.

Evening all.

Well after another wasted day, still no luck!

Ive bled the system, think the pump was fine but replaced it anyway, diverter valve is fine, i-ve tried balancing the rads.

Its very frustrating because i can feel the two central heating pipes coming down the wall and there red hot, but they slowly get colder as they reach the ground floor.

Im all out of answers and dont know what else to try!

Looks like ill have to call out a plumber :(

Anyone have any more thoughts before i do, i want to beat this bugger on my own

cheers guys

Have you tried turning the upstairs rads off ? Pump pointing the right direction ? Anti gravity valve siezed ? Blockage ? Manually forced the 3way valve to heating ? Trv pins stuck on downstairs rads ?
Try all the above.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back