Worcester Heatslave 12/14

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Worcester Heatslave 12/14 boiler. For the first time ever I have run out of oil and it has locked out. I am awaiting a delivery of fuel but suspect that I am likely to have a problem restarting due to the possibility of air in the system. Could anyone give me a Dummies Guide on how to bleed the system and any other action I should take. Please bear in mind that I am a novice at this!

Sponsored Links
If you look in the Wiki, you will find many posts to answer your query. A lot depends on whether your oil supply is single pipe or 2 pipe; Do you have a tiger loop? Are there manual vents on any oil filters?

I have a Worcester Heatslave 12/14 boiler. For the first time ever I have run out of oil and it has locked out. I am awaiting a delivery of fuel but suspect that I am likely to have a problem restarting due to the possibility of air in the system. Could anyone give me a Dummies Guide on how to bleed the system and any other action I should take. Please bear in mind that I am a novice at this!

Try starting the machine from lockout. use an allen key in the pressure port on the Oil Pump (protruding brass part with allen screw in end). Gently unscrew this HALF OPEN and during start up the air/oil will fizz at this screw. Do this until its just oil then quickly close!
Have rags and bowl under to catch and oil seepage.

Sponsored Links
Thanks to oilhead and Mike 2007. I was unable to identify the necessary parts so decided to play safe and call our heating company rather than make a mess of it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back