Worcester Heatslave 18/25 not firing

Underneath the panel where the burner reset button is, there are two or three manual reset buttons they are brown plastic with a cross . they should be labelled.
Try pressing them and see if they click.

Sponsored Links
Are you now saying that the motor does not start, but you have a humming? If so this points to, at least to start with, the capacitor. This however is a totally different fault to that described earlier where you suggested the motor was running continuously without ignition.

Are you now saying that the motor does not start, but you have a humming? If so this points to, at least to start with, the capacitor. This however is a totally different fault to that described earlier where you suggested the motor was running continuously without ignition.

The gentle fan noise he describes is probably the pump running.

He did say that it does not attempt to fire.

Sponsored Links
Hi Terry, I had tried those before I had changed the oil pipes from the tigerloop but not since.
I have just tried them again and the boiler has fired up.
I will see if it now heats up the radiators but looking good.
Thanks to all for your help!
As I said before it has rid me of my fear about learning about this different boiler. I now know my way around and can replace all componants if needed.
This really is an excellent forum and am very grateful to those that take their time to help people like me.
I can change any part but it is your knowledge of what to change and where to look that counts.
If I could buy you all a drink I would!
Thank you again
Andy

Back. Worked fine over night.
Put all the casing back together now goes to lockout. Oilpump is running but unlike yesterday tigerloop is not filling
What happended from last night to now I have no idea.
Very frustrating

There has to be an air leak in the fuel supply, or maybe a blocked filter between the tank and tiger loop. I would start with a vacuum check but I doubt if you have a vacuum gauge. Also check whether firevalve has tripped (assuming you have one fitted)
Recheck all your oil line fittings, and also check the fuel pump shaft seal for any leakage. If that has worn, then it is possible that you have lost vacuum.

Ok I was a numbnuts! External fuel liine fire safety valve had cut in as I must have pushed the copper end to close to the firebox.
Reset the valve and all good.

Well I admire your honesty you're not the first and you won't be the last and I admit I've done the same fopar myself.Bob

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back