Worcester heatslave 20/25 oil boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got an old version of the above boiler and need a wiring diagram for it urgently. the ones available on-line all show 4 relays and plug in connectors. Mine only has 2 relays and no plug in connectors. If you know where I can look at an older diagram please send me a link.
Alternatively can anyone tell me where the pink wire from the control box goes/does?
I've removed the hot water tank and motorised valve as I do not need them. I'm going to run the heated water through a heat exchanger to warm an outside swimming pool and am going to control the temperature via a pipe 'stat.
Any help would be great

Sponsored Links
Did you install the boiler yourself?

Bought second hand?

In the boiler was working it should just work without any modification setting the hot water to off
and controlling the central heating with a pipe thermostat on the incoming from pool side of the heat exchanger if possible
to maintain the pool temperature. Connecting this in at the wall thermostat connections of the boiler.
I dont quite follow why you need to know more of the wiring unless the boiler isn't working.

Sponsored Links
I bought it second hand and previous owner had modified the wiring. I removed the hot water tank and diverter valve to make it lighter to move. Hot water 'stat was down to earth and removed the wires for it. Timer didn't work and he left loose leads from a different control.

You dont mention how you plan to transfer the heat into the pool.

There are heat exchangers made specifically for pools, mostly made in the US.

My experience of maintaining boilers on pools is that those heat exchangers are not very efficient at transferring heat and seem to not operate as well as their data plates suggest.

For example two 24 kW boilers were actually only supplying 12 kW each even though the data plate on the HE implied they would transfer their full 24 kW each.

So my suggestion is that you will need to over spec the HE or you may be disappointed.

Tony

Probably best to junk all the wiring of the existing boiler as worcester typically make it over complicated.
All it needs is a live delivered from the pipe thermostat to the limit thermostat and boiler thermostat to the burner to fire the boiler and boiler pump up.
I think worcester probably use a relay in there to switch the boiler and boiler pump on.
The existing limit stat and boiler stat will already be wired up so look for the live coming from there it should go to the central heating wall thermostat(pipe thermostat) and
from there to either a relay or directly to the burner and pump.

pink wires usually run to stats but there is no way you should use this to heat a pool use a proper
heat exchanger and bigger boiler

The pink wire would have gone to the postpurge unit. Look at the base of your control box and wire up the motor direct from the relevant terminal, with a live feed from the boiler stat to live on the control box.

Worcester did make the wiring a little over complicated. Got a wiring diagram off them after facetiming them and showing them the boiler. Problem was with the post purge unit, but as all the wires were old I ripped the lot out and wired it myself. Pump runs as soon as the boiler is switched on. Live through limit, heating control straight to burner. Neutral straight to burner and all working fine now.
Heat exchanger is made in the UK (Birmingham) and transfers about 45% of boiler output. H.E. is for pools up to 40 cubic metres and as mine is only 20 all works fine. Don't need a pipe 'stat as boiler well. 22mm pipes from and to boiler are clad in 35mm plastic pipe with a few holes drilled for me to inject expanding foam for insulation.
Thanks for all the advice.
Colin. :):):)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back