Worcester Heatslave 20/25 Oil Comb (no heating)

You probably would have been better just purchasing the synchronous motor, but beware of the cheap ones, use a genuine synchron as the others have nylon gears which do not last long on these combis. If you cannot change your head, just use the motor from it. only two wires to connect and it doesn't matter which way round.

Sponsored Links
You probably would have been better just purchasing the synchronous motor, but beware of the cheap ones, use a genuine synchron as the others have nylon gears which do not last long on these combis. If you cannot change your head, just use the motor from it. only two wires to connect and it doesn't matter which way round.

Anyone any idea on the correct wiring for this replacement unit?

Do you have the correct head?
The worcester valve is a V4044F; have you bought a V4044C?

Do you have the correct head?
The worcester valve is a V4044F; have you bought a V4044C?

Ah ...... This could be the problem then... I bought what I was advised to buy.. My fault.

I did notice the new one toolstation28639 does have two micro switches inside and the original only has one.!
You said I could just change the internals, does this still apply or should I just return unit .
If I return it do you know the correct part number I should be ordering from them or do toolstation not even stock the correct replacement for my v4044f1125 motorised diverting valve.

Thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
You will only get the whole valve from a Worcester spares stockist, and it will be expensive. If you can return the item then do so, and purchase the synchron motor on its own. You will have one screw to undo, and 2 wires to connect.

You will only get the whole valve from a Worcester spares stockist, and it will be expensive. If you can return the item then do so, and purchase the synchron motor on its own. You will have one screw to undo, and 2 wires to connect.

Thanks for info however the problem with my valve seems to be that the gear bit that turns under the synchron motor in in pieces! I am unsure if any parts are missing. Looks like a spring has come off and motor smells a bit burnt out also.

I take it no one does an aftermarket valve..... Huh typical.... I went onto evil bay and they have got so many .......C no F's!

Any way of manually getting heating as all I've got is hot water and it is brass monkeys in the house!

Thanks for your help

Errr gawd and gulp :oops:
If I've led you up the wrong path Mr. Aqueous, I sincerely apologise - I know the genuine V4044 complete is well over £100 quid, but I'm (almost) sure I've used that top on a Heatslave.
John :(

I know that in the rest position of the valve directs hot water into the heatslave tank - when the valve is energised by the call for heat thermostat it then switches over to the radiators.....but the circulating pump must keep running. It usually takes around 6 seconds to changeover.
John :)

Errr gawd and gulp :oops:
If I've led you up the wrong path Mr. Aqueous, I sincerely apologise - I know the genuine V4044 complete is well over £100 quid, but I'm (almost) sure I've used that top on a Heatslave.
John :(

John don't worry about it mate, just glad I'm getting help and hope I can fix it myself as the engineer that fitted a new pump for me must of had the middle name Dick Turpin! Don't want to use him again if I can help it!

Finally got that secondhand valve off eBay delivered this morning, fitted in five minutes and all seems (fingers crossed) to be working A ok!

A big big thank you to all the guys that helped me out with this problem.

Much appreciated

AO :D

Knowing my boiler I will be back soon for more expert help. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back