Worcester heatslave 20/25 water leak

Sponsored Links
They do on the newer ones but think there's an age limit. Call them and ask. If it's the main water jacket leaking they'll just declare it Beyond Economic Repair though

Hi thanks muggles for your reply .It’s actually my sisters boiler she’s had pressure vessel replaced didn’t cure issue now she’s been told maybe heat exchanger . I know Worcester do fixed price repairs for old gas boilers as I had my heat exchanger on my 28si replaced for £270 all in ,he did the job in 30 mins .What’s the cost of the heat exchangers on those heatslave 20/25 models and are they a pain to change ?.

What's the actual problem / symptoms? If the main heat exchanger has failed then the boiler is scrap - they're over £1000 just to buy and the best part of a day's work to change. There's no way Worcester will cover that on a fixed price repair.

Sponsored Links
Well originally the pressure was dropping boiler cutting out so they fitted new expansion vessel . Still losing pressure then said maybe thermal store. Then had second opinion says looks like water leak on heat exchanger inlet.Are these boilers difficult to work on ?.

They're not too bad to work on but everything is built off the main heat exchanger. It's the first thing to go into the casing in the factory and thus you need to take everything out in order to replace it. If it's just a connection leaking it may well be possible to just re-make the connection

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back