Worcester Heatslave 9.24 RSF boiler fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A few months ago I required a fan for a Worcester Heatslave 9.24 boiler which I was told was obsolete. After scores of phone calls to spare part suppliers and having no luck, a collegue at work gave me a number and I finally aquired the last one that they had on the shelf. I have since had a new boiler installed but kept the fan from the old boiler. I paid £80 for the fan and am open to offers for the nearly new one.

Sponsored Links
A few months ago I required a fan for a Worcester Heatslave 9.24 boiler which I was told was obsolete. After scores of phone calls to spare part suppliers and having no luck, a collegue at work gave me a number and I finally aquired the last one that they had on the shelf. I have since had a new boiler installed but kept the fan from the old boiler. I paid £80 for the fan and am open to offers for the nearly new one.

Hi,

Do you still have the fan? If so, is it part number: 87161213900?

If it is, I would like to take it off your hands!

Let me know.

I seem to remember seeing the same fan in another boiler model. But I dont remember which model that was.

The fan only just about does the job when its new. A bit of dirt and its hardly blowing at all.

Although I still fix a few of this old model, they really do deserve to be retired!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hi all,

I realise this is quite an old topic now, but I'm really struggling to find a replacement fan for this boiler. I can't afford to replace my boiler and would be really grateful if someone could help with a supplier, or even suggest an equivalent fan from another model that will work?

I am assuming the one for sale in the original post has now been sold.

Many thanks for any help that can be offered,
Jon

Hi

Do you still have the telephone number as I need spare parts for my worcester 9.24 also

I'm not being funny but why would you bother repairing such an old inefficient boiler. Get rid and get yourself a new Worcester greenstar with a 5 year warranty or 7 years if you have it fitted by one of Worcesters reccomended installers.

Hi

The obvious thing to do is to get a new boiler, but I live in a listed building and to get the boiler replaced you have to go thru mountains of paperwork and red tape, which can take ages, but if you repair an existing boiler you don't need to do this. I thought that if I could get the boiler repaired now as I am without heating and hot water, I could get the planning permissin in the summer months. I know eventually that I will have to have a new boiler, but at the moment am trying to take the easy option.

Regards chalbun

I see. I would prob do the same this time of year. Ring the Worcester technical line. They may be able to point you in the right direction as to finding a fan.

I suggest you call CET Watford and see if they can offer a rebuilt one. Assuming you haven't tried them already.

Hi

I know eventually that I will have to have a new boiler, but at the moment am trying to take the easy option.

Regards chalbun

I have this feeling that, just like everyone else with an old boiler, you will forget about replacing it as soon as its working again.

Nor do I see how being a listed building should be any problem as current boilers are of a similar size and have a similar looking flue. You only need listed building Consent when you are making a change which materially alters the appearance.

Most listings apply to the outside only and even if it was Class I then the planning officers understand the requirement for heating and I would be very surprised indeed if they did not agree that a new boiler could be classed as "de minimis".

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back