Worcester Heatslave Junior GC 41 311 24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

This is my first post on here, so be gentle if it all goes wrong.
I have to replace a Heatslave Junior, but this is the 1st of this type that i have worked on.
The tenant does not have the servicing/installation book and i can not find one online anywhere.
The boiler has a 15mm and 22mm copper tube from the top, left hand side.
I guess that these are the fill and vent for the heating side. Is that correct?
I need to ask because the property is the middle floor flat of three, with the third flat directly above. I was not able to gain access to the roof space, as this is in the top flat.
I am corgi registered too, by the way, incase you need to ask.

Also, does anyone know a good site for instruction/servicing/installation books?

Thanks in advance

:)

Sponsored Links
If its a worcester heatslave boiler, try their tech. helpline and they can probabley email you a copy of the installation instructions to download. Make sure you have the right model number before ringing them.:cool:

If you are replacing it then why do you need to ask about the old boiler???

Tony

Sponsored Links
If you are replacing it then why do you need to ask about the old boiler???

Tony
Thx for your reply Tony, but i need to ask about the old boiler in regards to the likelihood of an F&E tank in the building. Esp as there is a flat above the one with the boiler in it.
I am guessing the 15 & 22mm pipes are feed and vent, but cant get access to the roof space. I have looked too for overflow pipes on the roof and fascia etc, but cant see one.

Ill guess i will just have to call Worcester as also suggested.

Thx

If you need an instruction book to decide wether a system is open vented or pressurised i don`t hold out much hope for you changing a boiler.

OHand by the way the pipes you refer to are the cold feed and open vent .

I dont see that what these pipes are for is relevant!

They both need to be capped off! You will have to flatten the pipe and cut and cap below the flattened part!

Your new system will be pressurised and supplied from the mains water within the flat.

Tony

I dont see that what these pipes are for is relevant!

They both need to be capped off! You will have to flatten the pipe and cut and cap below the flattened part!

Your new system will be pressurised and supplied from the mains water within the flat.

Tony
Capped off? Flattened? Surely you would remove the water tank and its supply, and the dead legs to the boiler, esp if it was running through someone elses flat.

If you need an instruction book to decide wether a system is open vented or pressurised i don`t hold out much hope for you changing a boiler.

OHand by the way the pipes you refer to are the cold feed and open vent .

I dont need the instruction book to remove or replace this boiler. It was a general question, in the original post, for future reference.

I asked on here to confirm what i first thought was the feed and vent.
If you read the first post again, it clearly says in there, that i guess they are F&V

I came on here to ask for confirmation and asked politely, and you t w a ts just give me s h i t for asking.
So, if thats your helpful advice, keep it.

Well, I would remove it if I had access but you were implying that you did not have access to its location.

Tony

Oh my feelings are so hurt.. You should not have to ask for confirmatation what type of system it is. YOU should be able to tell by looking at it, in most qualified peoples eyes this is BASIC and no need to guess. And if your not qualified don`t lie after all this is a diy site

Oh my feelings are so hurt.. You should not have to ask for confirmatation what type of system it is. YOU should be able to tell by looking at it, in most qualified peoples eyes this is BASIC and no need to guess. And if your not qualified don`t lie after all this is a diy site
So, ill do it myself :D :D :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back