Worcester Heatslave Stays on for about 30 mins then goes off.

Just before i cam home, it came back on for about 2 minutes by itself, then it went off again.

Sponsored Links
Either the boiler is up to temperature and switching off on its control thermostat, the pump is not circulating, or something in your external controls is failing.
Is the power on light staying lit?
When you turn on the tap, can you hear the relay clicking and is the water hot coming out of the tap?

The boiler is getting hot but you might be right with the pump not working, as i moved the diverter valve manually and the pipe in the boiler took ages to get hot. I'm not sure if a relay clicks when putting the hot tap on, i will have to go over and check, but i know that there is no hot water coming out the tap.

The power light stays on the whole time and the lockout light has never come on.

Just been over to check the pump, took the top off it and the capacitor is broke, its bust open with insides now on the outside.

Is there any reason why the boiler would keep destroying pumps as the first problem the pump was broke and kept popping the fuse, now this pump what has only been on for a week has broke too

Sponsored Links
It's FIXED again :)
Took the pump off and put the capacitor out of its original pump on and its working great now.

Thanks again for your help :)

Maybe your 'spare' pump was not as new as you thought. I can honestly say that in my working life, I've never seen a capacitor "exploded". I've seen them leaking fluid, and I've seen them scorched, especially in pumps, as they can get very hot if the pump is not circulating.
How clean is the system water? If it is dirty and you are circulating this through the pump, then this can cause the pump to seize and get very hot. That will eat pumps, and no manufacturer will honour warranty claims for such failure.

Exploding cap I've never seen one of them I'd get a sparky in just to give boiler a complete
look over you could have a small short somewhere.Bob

Exploding cap I've never seen one of them I'd get a sparky in just to give boiler a complete
look over you could have a small short somewhere.Bob
You have got to be fookin joking...Most sparks are fookin clueless about the internal workings of a boiler.

The capacitor is in series with the pumps "start winding". Nothing else on the boiler can affect it !!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back