worcester hi flo 400 rsf

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi changed the diverter valve today and seals noted a black chalky substance in pipes .Have managed to cure the noise but rads still getting hot when useing domestic hot water i guess that the heat exchanger is partialy blocked. can any one advise best way to clean out without totaly stripping out unit

Sponsored Links
Now did you really "change the diverter valve" ???

Hot rads when on DHE is an indication of a malfunctioning diverter !!!

Tony Glazier

It very rarely is on these though Tony, the blocked hx increases the pressure in the dv and pushes it open.
First give the filter a good clean if it has one fitted, it is in the top manifold. You need to take out the thermostat phial and housing and the filter is above that. Hope that is blocked up or give yourself a day and a world of grief to exchange the hot water hx and I always replace both plastic manifolds aswell.

Sponsored Links
ollski said:
It very rarely is on these though Tony, the blocked hx increases the pressure in the dv and pushes it open.
First give the filter a good clean if it has one fitted, it is in the top manifold. You need to take out the thermostat phial and housing and the filter is above that. Hope that is blocked up or give yourself a day and a world of grief to exchange the hot water hx and I always replace both plastic manifolds aswell.
thank,s sussed out that bypass filter blocked i run through compleat system rewed seals cleaned out filter at bottom of manifold also placed heat seek grease on bulb and capillary tube cleaned and vacumed burner and fan assembly.Any one out there fancy a mature apprentice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back