Worcester Wave internet heating handheld unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
My question is this...
We have a Wave unit fitted to the wall next to the new Worcester boiler under the stairs, a year ago. We would like to fit a door to fill the under-stairs gap, to hide the electric and gas meters as well as the new boiler. So, can I have louvre doors fitted to this gap, instead of a plain under-stairs door; these would match the louvre doors we have upstairs which covered the space left by an old immersion heater, which is now removed. I feel that wide-gap louvre doors would allow air to circulate sufficiently without adversely affecting the operation of the Wave unit on the wall. The electrician we consulted says no, we would have to have the unit removed and re-wired elsewhere in the house. I am doubtful, as being naturally sceptical, I am thinking he is really after the work (and the money) involved. My point being, that if the unit needs complete air freedom to operate, then why was it fitted right next to the boiler in the first place? Would anyone be able to reassure me that I do not need to have the unit re-wired somewhere else, even if I have wide louvre doors fitted? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thanks guys, now I can tell hubby we can move it ourselves if we want, and have the nice louvre doors as well :) Result!
Thanks again. I didnt see how that could affect the unit, as its internet-based, not an older type thermostat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back