worcester28i ignite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my boiler will only fire up if i put the hair dryer on the pump for a few mins then it works for a while then i have to do it all again what is the problem & do i need a new pump + the pressure is dropping slowly the boiler is about 3 yrs old .

Sponsored Links
First off why were you useing a hair dryer on your boiler ?to discover this remady ?. your probably warming another component not just the pump the pump will not sto p the boiler from fireing and isnot used when you have only a hot water demand on.can you say exactly what hepens ie what runs for how long on ch and on hot water. the pressure dropping is easy, your loosing water out the system the tricky bit is finding out where.

I was told to use a hair dryer to warm up something called a glydo whice had become solid it worked a couple of times but i am getting no hot water at all now everything seems to be working o.k ie the fan ,the ignition spark but the gas supply does not kick in, the water is coming out the overflow pipe on my outside wall very slowly

First things first, no such thing as a "glydo" on the 28i (never heard of it).if you have ignition but no gas check you have 230v at the gas valve plug at the base of the PCB , during ignition if its no then PCB at fault if yes than its the gas valve or the lead to the valve which contains a small circuit so is hard to test but a lot cheaper than the gas valve. i assume you have agood gas supply ?.the dripping valve should be replaced and further tests done when you have ignition or phone Woecester and get one of there Eng to do the lot.

Sponsored Links
cheers guys for your advice ,the problem was the circuit .a part had come away and needed soldering, thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back