Main combo heating not coming on correctly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My main combi is 3 yrs old.

The hot water is working fine.

The central heating is working as well, but it is not coming on correctly. So i think this is a fault with the communication between the thermostat or communication inside the boiler

This is what happens:

I turn the dial on the stat (wired and a basic dial operation, 3 yrs old). The green light on the heating indicator on the boiler comes on.

The ignition will not fire, however.

So if i turn the boiler to zero it will all turn off. I then turn it back on again and the ignition will fire up and the heating comes on.

Any ideas on this fault ?

Sponsored Links
The light for the heating shows green which indicates the thermostat is talking to the boiler, but the ignite indicator does not come on (yellow burning colour).

If i switch the boiler off and on, the green heating comes on and then the ignition light fires on with the ignition.

No fault codes.

Just spoke to main technical and they say sounds a bit strange. But try the thermostat first. This was my first inkling as well. So i will try replacing the stat on monday and see if this resolves this issue.

They have not has this issue before. They would try bypass the stat on the boiler electrics to test is all is ok with the boiler first, but i can't do this unless i get an engineer. So cheapest option is to try a new stat first and maybe take it back if this isn't the fault.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back