worcestor 28i rsf hot water fault

DH6

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. Im new to forum.

I recently moved a worcestor 28i rsf combi boiler from one side of a kitchen to another due to the owners building an extension. since doing so the hot water wont fire up when the boiler is cold, only when there boiler itself is warm ie if heating has been on or there has been lots of attempts of turning a hot tap on.

the hot water Thermistor reads 3.4 k when cold and 1.3k at 60 degrees which seems out of sync to me. Htg runs all day long so i guess aps is fine. i have stripped out and checked the water flow turbine sensor once hot water runs it will run for ages without cutting off. Are there any electrical tests i could do on the turbine?

im also suspicious of the fan, it all checks out ok but i wonder if the bearings loosen up when its warm and enables boiler to run.

i am gas safe registered and hope to learn from more experienced engineers.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
3.4k cold isnt right.

Forget the fan etc if heating works ok.

Also are you sure the hot and cold pipes are correct?

i just thought that at max rate if the fan bearings were knackered it could affect it. The problem has only become apparent since i moved the boiler so i can understand that the thermistor is out of sync so is it just coincidence its showed up since i moved the boiler? yes hot and cold are correct way round for sure.

Thanks for your swift reply

Sponsored Links
i applied for my membership 2 days ago but not sure how long it will take, do you have any ideas?

it took approx 7 days for me to get in to cc.

are you sure the boiler worked fine on hot water before? did you actually test it or taking customers word for it?

yes i have done previous work in the house and everything was fine.

is it possible to get any advice on the likely causes or a pointer in the right direction now or will i have to wait to get m registration ok'd?

Unfortunately alot of hhe RGIs don't even come in the public forum so there are less people to offer advice.

I would suggest check operation of flow switch. Also your thermistor readings appear wrong to me.

But I am not one of the more experienced fault finders.

I can assure when u get in the cc u will get all the help u need

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back