Worcester 28i rsf no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler (worcester 28i rsf) doesnt produce hot water at a constant rate.

Runs hot then goes stone cold. Ive noticed that the pilot cuts out at same time so unsure of what is causing it.

Heating seems to be working fine although it would be hard to tell if the heating cuts out also as it wouldnt have time to cool down before it fires up again.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Relay failure on the PCB is another common fault.

Sponsored Links
Possibly your overheat stat, the i model doesn't have a diverter valve or plate heat exchanger like the CDi model.

let your heating cool down then run a hot tap and feel the heating flow pipe, if it is getting hot when you are running a tap then it is the pcb

let your heating cool down then run a hot tap and feel the heating flow pipe, if it is getting hot when you are running a tap then it is the pcb
yeah its hot when i run a tap.
I replaced the pcb last month albeit a secondhand one, you think it could still be the problem?

Forget the overheat stat...on this model it would require a manual reset to get the boiler going again.
A secondhand pcb...not worth the hassle.
What's the pressure showing on the dial?
Other than that you'll likely need an rgi to take a look at it

Forget the overheat stat...on this model it would require a manual reset to get the boiler going again.
She didn't say if she was or wasn't pressing the reset only that the pilot light was going out, been a while since Ive worked on one so dont remember too much about them. Yes Ive just familiarized myself with the manual so before anyone says it: It hasn't got a pilot light lol

Last edited:
I keep the pressure just under 1 bar, the prv has a very slight leak so will drop slightly over the course of the day but i always make sure the pressure is just under 1.

Would i be aswell getting a new pcb then?

I keep the pressure just under 1 bar, the prv has a very slight leak so will drop slightly over the course of the day but i always make sure the pressure is just under 1.

Would i be aswell getting a new pcb then?
Might be a good thing to have your expansion vessel/ PRV checked also, keep adding fresh water to your system could bring its own set of problems.

Might be a good thing to have your expansion vessel/ PRV checked also, keep adding fresh water to your system could bring its own set of problems.
The pressure vessel is flooded an engineer told me it should be fine to run it like that? He talking ****?

So you've got another external vessel plumbed in or has a radiator been left with sufficient trapped air to act as a vessel?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back