Worcester 28i RSF *very* slow to provide hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

Our Worcester 28i RSF has started acting up all of a sudden and is taking forever to provide hot water. Normally it comes through straight away.

Any tips where to start looking? I did notice the other day it sounds quite noisey outside where the outlet is. Could that be a worn out fan assembly?

The unit is at least 8 years old, could well be more as we inherited it with the house.

All advice appreciated :)

Regards
Chris

Sponsored Links
it could be the spindle on the diverter valve is very slow in making with the micro switch. i would check this. also if the fan is noisey then give it a clean incase its just fluff etc, if its the bearings then lubricate them. or tighten the screws holding the fan assembly incase its just shaking a bit.

if the fan is noisey then give it a clean incase its just fluff etc, if its the bearings then lubricate them. or tighten the screws holding the fan assembly incase its just shaking a bit.

OP, you should use an RGI to check the fan as you need to access the combustion chamber.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back