Worchester Bosch boiler automatically switches on to heat hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Worchester Bosch 8000 Life, 35KW and I have noticed every evening at 18.10, the boiler automatically fires to heat the hot water. No hot water taps in the house have been turned on.
Is there a timer in the boiler which programs this feature to happen

Sponsored Links
Is this a combi boiler? If yes there is a setting that keeps water in the dhw hex warm- makes response to tap opening a bit quicker. Have a read of the manual for your model.
Or. Does the boiler fire up fully or just make some whirring and chuckling noises? Again I think the thing is set to spin the pump and move a few other moving parts once every 24 hours (to prevent those parts from getting stiff thru underuse in the summer and failing in October).

Thanks for your reply, it is a Combi boiler and I checked at 18.10 and the boiler switched on. I could hear water going in the boiler and the pump running but the boiler didn't fire up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back