Word Template

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a pdf of the company logo, I am trying to make a template with this pdf logo on it. Ive browsed, browsed & browsed, I know how to make a template, but how to I add the pdf?

Sponsored Links
Can't you create a picture (jpeg) of the logo from the pdf file?
Then, create a header in the document you want to turn into a template. The best way is to create a text-block (via toolbar DRAWING) and insert the picture there. This way you can 'play-around' with the box to a position in the header you want.

Hope I'm making sense ;)

You probably need to convert the PDF file to word format, there are several products on the market, and no doubt some freeware, MS ight even do a converter. you could try here or do a search for acrobat word converter. Good luck

Open the .pdf file in accrobat.

With the logo in clear view and the scale at an appropriate size press Alt + Prt Scrn.

Open up a drawing package (Such as Paintbrush).

Use Edit.. Paste to paste in the image of the acrobat window.

Click any of the other tools (such as the pencil) to complete the paste.

Click back on the Cut out tool and drag the box around the Logo.

Use Edit.. Copy to.. to save this section to a file

Save this as a standard image type file (such as .JPG).

Within word Insert.. Picture.. From File.. and select your file.

Finally Save the file as a .DOT file (document template).

BTW Instead of extracting the image as described above, you'd be better off getting a copy of the original image. The author of the .PDF should have a copy. Failing that your IT department may well have one on file. Give them a call.

Sponsored Links
Tex..I am the IT Dept..I understand what you are saying thanks I will give it a go.
==
Eddie..I have a PDF converter, but it dose not retain the font..Yes its a special font..

==
Thanks for Ideas

Photoshop will open a PDF and allow you to treat it as a picture.

Open the file, crop to the logo and save it as a jpeg, then import to the Word template by using Insert> Picture> From file.

Photoshop Elements (much cheaper than full version) will do the job fine.

Back