Words

Sponsored Links
I'm an occasional reader of bits which hit my inbox from Quora. It's a sort of discussion forum, which in many ways works better than this one.

In a Words thread:

3. Fresa

In most of the Spanish-speaking world, strawberry translates to fresa. However, this fruit is called frutilla in Argentina.

When used in Mexico, fresa describes a young person that is (acting) preppy and is used in a negative way. Mexicans use it to describe the typical superficial, conceited, egocentric, and wealthy Mexican.

I wondered if a particular poster in this forum should change his name, again, to
"The Fresa" .
...................................Fact.

If you want to go down the Spanish route, just use the word gilipollas. (sounds like; hilly poy ass)It's a good description, FACT.

Sponsored Links
If you want to go down the Spanish route, just use the word gilipollas. (sounds like; hilly poy ass)It's a good description, FACT.
There are those who would take that as a compliment, as in gillipollas bello

What is a "bender" and why are "all plumbers" "bender"s???

At times families, husbands/wives/oh's are shocked when they find out that the people they know are not who they thought they were. The biggest shock of this type of news hits bigots the hardest.

Calm down dear. It's a pipe bender - used for forming bends in copper tube. All plumbers should own one and use it in their work. Except Speedfit cowboys, or maybe Nige - who poss uses a spring and his knee. ;)

Word play - 'tis what us don't take life too seriously types like to get up to.

What is a "bender" and why are "all plumbers" "bender"s???

At times families, husbands/wives/oh's are shocked when they find out that the people they know are not who they thought they were. The biggest shock of this type of news hits bigots the hardest.

Why do you say he's a biggot........? Why is being bent offensive but being straight isn't (Opposites)

Sponsored Links
Back