worester 24i boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi first time post my worester 24i boiler pilot light gone out a`int got a clue how to light it can`t see the reset button

Sponsored Links
This boiler does not have a pilot light???

Tony

Sponsored Links
Agile";p="758504 said:
This boiler does not have a pilot light???

the pilot light is on the inside when u pull off the front cover when I turn the hot water on it usually lights up

Yes, you have the old 24i. I was thinking of the newer Junior 24i when I said that as we are getting a lot of them failing now.

Did you reset the o/h stat as advised?

The boiler lights the pilot just when heat is required. If it does not light itself then there is a fault. Its either not sparking or there is no gas at the pilot.

Both of those are CORGI territory!

Tony

zimmers";p="758500 said:
go to the top of the boiler,red button with a cross on press it down[/quote
thanks for your help I presed the reset buttom on top of the boiler that done the trick saved me shelling out £200 to worester for just the call out thanks great site keep up the good work

Dont count your £200 too soon.

The boiler overheated!!

Perhaps you did not top up the system pressure???

If it was not caused by low system pressure then there is another cause which has not been addressed!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back