work clothes recommendations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
bet you don't get asked this often!

Work trousers - whats best out there?

I need ones that are lightweight and durable. Not bothered about loads of pockets etc. I've tried Alexander Workwear and I hate em. Trousers always seem to end up half way down my arse or the belts so tight I can't breathe properly :LOL: Jeans are out because they're too heavy and too sticky.

Any pointers for decent work trousers???

Sponsored Links
Been wearing a pair of DuraKit trousers for hefty warehouse/outdoor DIY work (bending, yomping, kneeling in ****e..) for a few months now. Really comfy with no sign of '*******-breeze' ;) . Tons of pockets (should you need them) and knee pad pouch thingies.

Got em from B&Q for £20. I'd buy the same again when (if) these die.

bet you don't get asked this often!

Work trousers - whats best out there?

I need ones that are lightweight and durable. Not bothered about loads of pockets etc. I've tried Alexander Workwear and I hate em. Trousers always seem to end up half way down my a**e or the belts so tight I can't breathe properly :LOL: Jeans are out because they're too heavy and too sticky.

Any pointers for decent work trousers???

http://mammothworkwear.com/search/dickies-work-trousers

they have a big range of trousers all sorts really dickies,timberland,cofra,caterpillar give them a wirl
or there is ebrookes as well

Sponsored Links
I wear Dickies Redhawks for work, with knee pads in them and a nice wide Dickies belt to keep them up and hang stuff off.

depends what you do with them, I've bought cheap and dear ones but no matter what they are made of it only takes catching them while climbing scaffold to tear them, it sure feels nicer to replace them when they cost 10quid as opposed to 35

depends what you do with them, I've bought cheap and dear ones but no matter what they are made of it only takes catching them while climbing scaffold to tear them, it sure feels nicer to replace them when they cost 10quid as opposed to 35

I agree! The whole point of work trousers is you don't care too much about destroying them, for me the main thing is comfort... especially on hot/sticky days.

I have gone through many expensive variations of Dickies trousers over the years but finally settled with a pair of Tuff Stuff work trousers. Not the most popular brand around but at £15 a pair and slightly baggy (not jean like) they certainly work for me =)

Do a Google Shopping search for the best price...

The best I can find at the moment is http://mammothworkwear.com/work-trousers/knee-pad-trousers/tuffstuff-pro-work-trousers-p1123.htm

Snickers and Dickies have horrible material, in their standard ranges, and are really sweaty in warm conditions

Also, their cut is crap and too tight at the hips and around the thighs - seems like they were modelled off a cylindrical shaped human :rolleyes:

I've being using thick cotton Dunlop trousers for years now - the usual side and multiple pockets ... plus a specific phone holder pocket and pencil/bit holders too. And lots of room to move about in.

Snickers get my vote.

I've been wearing them for years, and would never buy anything else.

I have the Dura Twill ones for general wearing, and a pair of the heavy cotton ones for draughty sites in winter.

I also have some pirate trousers which are like long shorts but with knee pads for the really hot weather.

i expect after 2 years wear matz has probably worked out which ones are best!

I've used snickers and dickies but by far the best are Tranemo (swedish I think), they aint cheap but ya gets what ya pays for in this world!

slightly off-topic

I sometimes wear braces which stop your trs slipping down, even if they are quite loose at the waist.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back