Work light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need something that can function as both a uni-directional torch and also switch to a lantern function (ie 360 degree), powered with batteries (or a makita 18v battery), and portable to hold in one hand.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Sponsored Links
https://www.its.co.uk/Cordless-Power-Tools/Cordless-Torches.htm?pl=2147483647

I am not aware of any that perform both functions.

I would say, be aware of strobing with some of the cheaper LEDs. I have a £30 LED site light (Faithful) and a £300 (Festool) one (both mains powered). The strobing with the £30 one really annoys me. The Festool one, whilst stoopidly expensive is gorgeous, that said, you cannot tilt it on the stand which can be a bit annoying when trying to cut in paint.

There's got to be something here. Got to be.

lighting-banner.png

Sponsored Links
That’s a heavy torch. I think the OP needs to buy two separate work lights.

Blup

I don't think any of those have both functions.
That's the point I was making. One of those will light up whatever needs lighting up.

There is no point in limiting things and making sacrifices. If the OP wants a torch, buy a torch. If he wants an area light buy an area light.

That's the point I was making. One of those will light up whatever needs lighting up.

There is no point in limiting things and making sacrifices. If the OP wants a torch, buy a torch. If he wants an area light buy an area light.

Sorry, when you said that the OP would find something in the image you posted, I assumed that you were suggesting that one of them would fill his remit.

The OP asked if anyone could recommend a battery powered device and specifically mentioned Makita. That you posted an image of Milwaukee lights made me think that you believed that they had what the OP was looking for. They don't.

Had you told the OP to buy a flash light and a site light, I wouldn't have wasted my time looking through the Milwaukee range of lights.

I really don't understand why you posted an image, saying "There's got to be something here" when you really meant "here is a range of battery powered lights (made by a firm you didn't specify). None of them are what you asked for but you shouldn't be searching for the product that you wanted in the first place".

Is it possible that you either mistakenly assumed that Milwaukee sold the product that the OP wanted or that you failed to communicate your point?

Simply saying "that was the point I was making" is incredibly condescending. If you don't understand that, then please do not bother replying.

Woody maintains his track record of mature handling of valid criticisms....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back