Work surface damage/repair

Scrit said:
When you say "slightly damaged", do you mean water damage or warping? Also is it a real parquet (herring-bone block) floor or some other form of floor?

Scrit

Yes, its more water damage than warping. This has manifested itself in a slight change in colour of the affected areas.

There are also some gaps appearing between a couple of pieces, which have come loose over time. I am almost certain this was not caused by me leaving the window open, but in the interests of saving me to stump up lots of money to relay the floor I am prepared to fix it myself if possible.

I'm afraid I cant say what type of parquet it is, unless there is any easy way to establish this? I'm going to get a pic tonight so I can post it up. Hopefully that will make it easier to understand the issue.

Cheers,
Gareth

Sponsored Links
Sounds like your landlord's 'trying it on'. Are you sure it's not 700 just to sand & re-seal the whole floor ?

Like Big-All says his insurance should cover it.

Paquet floors & Oak worktops !?! Not exactly the most ideal rental property materials.......

Like Stan Boardman said....."They bombed our Chip shop".

Alright, alright.....it was a joke :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :cool:

The quote was for a new floor. Have refused to pay it anyway.

I'll either:

1) Pay for the % of damage caused by me.
2) Try and get the two or 3 little tiles replaced individually.

Thanks for all your help everyone.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back