Worked for an old lady who was befriended by someone

I never thought about money but friends just hated what woman did but friends told me it's a waste of time putting neck on line for nothing. There might be revenge.

On a different note, how about checking if nephew even got his money? Give him a call or would it be impossible if he's in will for inheritance woman to not give it to him?
Exactly what revenge will a 50 year old woman dish out to you? Are you not capable of looking after yourself, and/or getting the police involved if, on the odd chance, something were to happen? What do you think will happen to you if she tells the police you tried to blackmail her out of £10k?

It sounds like an excuse. Just do the decent thing, either go to court to help the dead ladies relatives get what is due or just walk away.

Sponsored Links
I would doubt the police will throw much at this unless there are vocal 'losers' at their feet. But it makes me sick, though happens all the time.
If it were me, and I could raise the alarm without risking any comeback, then I would.
Looking at the detail of this post, I'd say there's risk of some comeback.

Exactly what revenge will a 50 year old woman dish out to you? Are you not capable of looking after yourself, and/or getting the police involved if, on the odd chance, something were to happen? What do you think will happen to you if she tells the police you tried to blackmail her out of £10k?

It sounds like an excuse. Just do the decent thing, either go to court to help the dead ladies relatives get what is due or just walk away.

I'm not saying don't do it, but 50 year old women can easily have 25 year old sons...

Sponsored Links
I'm not saying don't do it, but 50 year old women can easily have 25 year old sons...
With that attitude we'd never had won the war!

It's not the risk of revenge that bothers me, fair enough if he doesn't want to put himself in harms way, it's the fact the OP wants thousands in order to do the right thing.

no crime apparently committed, no witnesses needed. The disinherited contests the Will - Simples.

With that attitude we'd never had won the war!

It's not the risk of revenge that bothers me, fair enough if he doesn't want to put himself in harms way, it's the fact the OP wants thousands in order to do the right thing.

Can't say your wrong about that- winning the war, but one does have to choose one's battles. Confess to not having understood anything about OP wanting money to act.

There is no need for a witness in this context.. The facts are clear and the disinherited person can provide all necessary input. There is nothing wrong with a finders fee, but its after the fact now, so the value of the service is worthless.

Its perfectly acceptable. Expert witnesses get paid as do ordinary witnesses if they can show expenses including loss of earnings.

Obviously hiring a straw man would be illegal. But that is about purjury

I asked the solicitor if myself and other witness wouldn't have to be involved and just use dodgy will and info supplied but she said we would have to be witnesses to give info to prove the inheritance woman isolated the old lady from everyone. Without us giving this info nothing can be done.

The 50s woman who manipulated herself onto tge money has a young carpenter son. He might do something. Obviously she could call hmrc on both of us as she knows we were paid cash. This would be a hassle proving everything and getting paperwork in order. All of this stress for nothing ! This is why my friend said to me it's not worth it without getting some money. Believe me I did this not for money . I did it because I disliked the woman so much initially

Are there other people that she was close to that would support the claim that she was isolated? Its for the disinherited to gather evidence. Its easy enough for you to present facts as a dumb/independent court witness without realising the impact of what you were saying.

If you feel strongly that this is a gross miscarriage of justice, potentially bordering on fraud, you should inform any relatives and offer your full support without reward. If you can't do that for fear of reprisal from HMRC, you should leave well alone.

I would have thought if you were self-employed, you would keep robust records of all your transactions, all the more so if dealing with cash.

the MOL will need to produce full accounts on where the money went, but that is done at the end.. I'm assuming your legal rep, is going to contact the dis-inhereted to challenge the Will? Your job is done. The Will will stand or fall on its merits. To me the issues are the counter signature, the timing and the basis for her getting half. If it now transpires there was gift held in trust, then yeah it really does start to look dodgy as well as potential tax issue.

Legal professional is everyone who works in law (e.g. judges, solicitors, barrister)
Lawyers are the subset of all people licensed, qualified,regulated etc to do lawyering.. give legal advice
Solicitor is a type of lawyer, who does all the pre-work and haggling to avoid court, though they may also represent in lower courts.
Barrister is someone who does all the arguing and may represent in the higher courts.

If you are lucky the lawyer may pay you a finders fee.

Long time and not sure if you're still on this forum but I've question regarding the difference between gross and net figures on probate form. It's way past a civil case against the lady (three years ago)
16379200196171344251411.jpg
but was thinking of sending the probate info with figures to the online fraud place. The solicitor who briefly looked at probate forms send the thieving lady had gifted herself money. Would you agree she must have if gross figure is £420,000 and net figure £297,000? Is there anyway these figures could be legit?

Last edited:
No not necessarily.

Gross is before liabilities paid. There may have been mortgages, debts, fees, etc to pay.

What do you mean exactly?

Do you mean they would take revenge on me.

That's why I haven't done anything so far fear they would find out it was me who reported them and I guess the fifty year old couple who are hoping to inherit would narrow it down to two or three possible individuals and I would be one of them that dobbed them in, do the police tell people who they were reported by?

No that is confidential.

Surely the documents can be checked to see if they are authentic ?? there is no court seal/ stamp on the docs ? should there be ?

does not a will have to be signed off by a solicitor ? a sort of avadavid type wat sit ???

have u sort any advice on some type of legal forum ? or the C.A.B may be ????

Nope, just two witnesses to owner of the Wills signature.

The latitude for challenging a will is very very slim. My solicitor pal, whenever asked to do so, says that he and all his legal chums always respond with, "No problem, we can do that. I'll need £3,000 on account up front, and my clerk will inform you when it is all gone and we'll need another £3k. That ok? Oh, and there's no guarantee of success." Rarely goes beyond that.

Sponsored Links
Back