Worked for an old lady who was befriended by someone

Using the above link, I looked up the will of my neighbour who died in 2008. She had left me and another neighbour £5k each and left nearly £300k plus her house to her son. To her daughter she left nothing because, as she said in the will, "I have helped her out financially throughout the whole of her life". I bet the daughter was gutted!
I cannot understand people who fight over correctly compiled wills.

It's pure greed.

When my Gran's sister died we came back to her house where the son and daughter just sat there bitching with each other and arguing over who has what. Extremely embarrassing.

At the wake of my b-i-l's Aunt, every one swept through the house saying things like, "Hilda promised me this in 1954....."

Fights broke out over who had what. On another similar occasion, police had to be called.

Absolutely ridiculous and those concerned should be ashamed of themselves.

The sad thing is, I know they won't be. They will feel they were 100% in the right and will have felt justified, I mean entitled to do what they did.

Sponsored Links
I cannot understand people who fight over correctly compiled wills.

It's pure greed.

When my Gran's sister died we came back to her house where the son and daughter just sat there bitching with each other and arguing over who has what. Extremely embarrassing.

At the wake of my b-i-l's Aunt, every one swept through the house saying things like, "Hilda promised me this in 1954....."

Fights broke out over who had what. On another similar occasion, police had to be called.

Absolutely ridiculous and those concerned should be ashamed of themselves.

The sad thing is, I know they won't be. They will feel they were 100% in the right and will have felt justified, I mean entitled to do what they did.

Years ago, a schoolmum acquaintance of Mrs Mottie, a Salvation Army officer, hired a small van to go to the funeral of a relative. After the funeral, the family practically raced back to the deceased's house and went round slapping stickers with their names on to items that they wanted. Apparently this was a common practice. Mrs Motties acquaintance came away with a few bits 'n' bobs plus a nearly new washing machine. What's more, somebody found the deceased's pension book and the last week or two's payments hadn't been cashed so they cashed it and they all had a takeaway with it. Talk about waste not, want not!

I had a joke with my neighbour recently. They used to do a lot to help the elderly lady that lived here before, and she told them that she had put them down as next of kin, and would inherit everything she owns (one rotten bungalow!). But then they fell out as they got fed up shopping for her all the time - she started moaning about half the stuff they were buying her. When they told us the story, I joked, that's why they still haven't gone home! Seemed funnier at the time.

Sponsored Links
No, I said there was no evidence of a crime.
The inheritance solicitor was sure the thieving lady had gifted herself money based on the figures - gross 420,000

Net 297,000

If she did , is this a crime?

Only way to know possibly is to check electronic transfers of money. This thieving lady was beneficiary, power of atorney, executor etc everything. I guess investigators would need banking info from three years ago

Back