Working above conservatory (birdstop)

C

Coniferman

Need to get some birdstops fitted under the tiles. Had one corner done but now need the other doing. There is an old metal framed conservatory underneath (4.5 metres) wide. Will this cause a big problem? Will they need to use scaffolding? Is this easy across 4.5 metres? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Always best to use scaffolding and shouldn't work of a ladder, my next door neighbour is having a extension in the roof and you see the modular scaffolding across the conservatory

STA71559.jpg

Alternative is a cherry picker [boom type MEWP] if you can get one in. If it's only to fit birdstops then it would be vastly cheaper than scaffold. Scaffolding only necessary if major works are being done and could cost a thousand pounds, maybe less, maybe more, depends on access and how long it would take them to erect. Should be able to hire a cherry picker for a hundred quid or so.

Thanks for the 2 replies. Have been trying to get a couple of quotes but around here (at least??) most companies just have answerphones and often don't return calls. Have one guy who will take a look when "in the area". :confused:

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the 2 replies. Have been trying to get a couple of quotes but around here (at least??) most companies just have answerphones and often don't return calls. Have one guy who will take a look when "in the area". :confused:

Where are you? Were still pretty busy but some of the lads in the pub are low on work.

Even if we are fully booked till next year, we still return calls and stuff out of politeness :)

Am I right to be looking just for a "roofer" or would a "general builder" be interested? I am in the south, small town. Family home still in Brum but not lived there for 10 years or so. Maybe its my northern accent :LOL: except I don't have one :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back