WorkShop Project 2007....

Sounds too small to me.

Mine was 4x2 for walls on 16" centres and then 8x2 for the roof.

I did a load of calculations allowing for snow loading etc... it's amazing what weight of snow can collect.

The bigger timbers weren't hugely expensive, and it means I can stuff from the roof without fear of it bening excessively.

I even laminted a couple of the 8x2 together in the centre thinking that I might oneday use it for a chinup bar, punchbag or engine crane.

-Dan

Sponsored Links
After some more conversations this weekend, im now stuck bewteen using 3x2" or 4x2" for the frame work....

Im pretty sure ill use 4x2 for the roof bearers, and possibly for the floor too...

Im still stuck trying to find the best insulation options...I ve been told about some foil backed bubblewrap style insulation, and im considering using this against the outerwall, foil side out, then backed with loft insulation of some kind.
Will this foil stuff deflect the suns heat out of the Workshop?

I can control the temp in teh winter with a heater, but need to block out the Sun as best i can, as i dont want a Sauna in the summer.

The workshop isnt going to be the biggest in the world, as ive been marking out the garden, and im pretty sure it will be 3 meters x 4 meters.
Built in a lean to style against my brick built garage.
Any recomendations for internal hights? and roof slope angle...

Right its time fo rme to empty the origonal shed, and start to dismantle it.... 8ft x 6ft just isnt big enough to doo feck all.... lol

Look forward to replys guys and gals..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back