worried about condensation in garden office/shed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently converted a bought summer house into a garden office and after having insulated it with bubble foil /airgaps then T&G realize I may have a problem with condensation forming on the inside of the walls/ceiling. I have read a couple of posts regarding this problem but not sure how it relates to my particular shed. It is heated with a oil filled radiator as I will be using it most days during the week. I think I may have to create some form of ventilation in the roof/wall space but am not sure which side of the bubble foil to include this. The foil is sealed quite well from the inside but does not allow for moisture to escape through. Have I got a big problem on my hands or is it something I can remedy quite easily? Would a dehumidifier do the job? I don't anticipate having a problem during the summer months as windows will be open.
Can anyone help/advise?
thanks
Matt.

Sponsored Links
I have the same problem in the 1 I built, I think I insulated it that much that the thing cant breath and my dart board and pool cue’s have gone mouldy :cry: so I intend on fitting a couple of air vents, hopefully it should sort the problem.

thanks for your reply. Do I need to install just 1 vent or one at roof level and 2 at floor level?
Do you have any thoughts on this?
thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back