Worried about my plumbers competence

... that people keep insisting that you need a G3 tkt to fit an unvented thingy? You don't, but it helps.
Most people have actually been saying that you don't need such a ticket, but it's the easiest way to demonstrate that (in theory at least) you are competent to do so. After all, according to the bodies that do such tickets, the holder must have demonstrated some competence at some point.
Someone without any ticket could well be completely competent - but there is no easy way of telling (and "I've fitted thousands" doesn't count as evidence).
You guys are getting me worried nawh.
Are you suggesting NCICE is not a propa body?
Yes, and as you've now found out, they were right.
If so, my part P, full scopes & defined scopes are obtained and maintained by a fake body?
Well now you mention "Part P", then that proves it since (AFAIK) there is no such thing as a "Part P" ticket. "Defined scopes" membership of an approves organisation (aka 5 day wonders) to allow you to self notify work, but "Part P" is merely the bit of the building regs that says electrical work now has to be safe.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back