Worth replacing TRVs?

All my TRV's control my boiler. at least in the rooms I want them too. When the last TRV in the circuit is closed the boiler switches off. If one room falls below the set temperature, that TRV opens and starts the boiler. As soon as it is up to temp it closes and the boiler stops again! The benefits of digital TRV's and a fancy controller!!
Same here. I haven't even bothered to balance my radiators. I have seven Hive TRVs monitored by Home Assistant on a Raspberry that shows they don't need it. The TRVs find a balance point and only adjust by small amounts. (Hive TRVs show up as Danfoss)

I also break the "rule" that says that a room thermostat should not be in the same room as a radiator with a TRV. The thermostat contains the the gubbins that coordinates the TRVs so is essential to the operation. Just a matter of setting it such that it can't ask for more heat than the radiator delivers.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back