Tower TRVs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone had an experience with Tower TRVs? I bought 8no last year and installed them about 9months ago. About two weeks ago one started leaking, it leaks from around the 'pin' on top of the valve and leaks unless you set the head to maximum temperature. I contacted the supplier who sent me a replacement but before i had chance to fit the replacement i noticed a second valve has also started leaking, again from around the 'pin' but this one leaks even if i remove the head completely. I've contacted Tower who say i've just been unlucky and got two faulty valves? Has anyone else had any problems with these valves? They're not expensive but i'm wondering whether its worth fitting the replacement or just getting a different make of valve?? The supplier tells me they sell 100s of them, they're one of their best sellers so there must be plenty of them out there?

Sponsored Links
If you ask any professional they will say use Drayton or Honeywell and not a cheap one!

I dont know if the Tower brand are that prone to leaking at the seal but it would not surprise me.

A professional cannot afford to fit inferior products as we give a proper guarantee on our work and anything we fit.

I am sure they sell lots because the cowboys will fit the cheapest, get paid, and are off with a new name and mobile phone number every few months!

Since the customer pays, we fit the best because we know that in the long run they are better value and we expect their future business.

The Wickes TRVs dont usually leak but instead the pin sticks down after a year or two.

Tony

used Tower stats before and been ok but no experience with TRV's from them.
for good but cheap TRV we use the Westtherm from Plumbfix around £7 or Bulldog £8 from plumb center and have had no problems with either.

Sponsored Links
Throw out the Tower ones and do as Agile says, it is good advice.

:!: Remember to redose the inhibitor if you are draining down each time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back