Would a new boiler help?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've finished a loft conversion a year or so ago which included a shower room. It works fine but I feel it lacks pressure. If I turn the flow up to max, it doesn't get overly hot and still isn't as strong a flow as i'd like.

I have a combi boiler in the kitchen providing all the hot water (Ideal mini-c). My question is could a new boiler provide a) higher output of hot water to cope with the increased flow and b) increased pressure to the loft?

Sponsored Links
You need to check you incoming cold water flow rate using a 10 litre marked bucket and a watch with second hands. Turn the results into litres per minute. If possible do this at the garden tap (full on) as kitchen sink taps are sometimes restricted.

The required boiler size is flow rate (litres/min) x 2.5 kW. If you install a larger boiler you will get hotter water, but not a faster flow rate.

Pressure depends on the incoming pressure, not the boiler.

Sponsored Links
Look up the following...
Dynamic/working pressure.
Dynamic/working flow.
Boiler manufacturers publish minimum requirements for optimum performance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back