Would this be difficult to plaster?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I'd like to have my kitchen ceiling skim plastered.
The ceiling is easy to reach except perhaps at one end where there are a few cupboards on the wall.

There is a 6 inch gap between the top of the cupboards and the ceiling and the cupboards are 12 inches deep.

Will it be easy for a professional plasterer to reach above and skim the ceiling? I really don't want to have to remove them from the wall.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yeah, I could do that and I'm a newbie to plastering - a professional would find that fairly straightforward, I'd guess. Unless they have HUGE hands and arms lol!

Yeah.
It's a pain but can be done.
Only worry is catching the cupboards with metal trowel as sharp.
I cover units with correx type board and go careful.

Sponsored Links
Take the cabinet doors off whatever you do, otherwise they'll get scratched.

Yeah, I'd definitely protect your cabinets yourself rather than leave it to the plasterer - you'll care more, probably, and do a better job of looking after your cabinets. You could buy a shower curtain to waterproof the area as they're cheaper, easier and lighter than a tarp to handle. I'd stick it down with electricians' tape. Hope it goes well!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back