Would this bother you?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm moving to a 2 bed mid terraced house soon. It is a row of 6 terraced houses and we each have a small 4m wide X 6m long yard which can be seen at the back of everyone's house. I am putting a log cabin in that measures 3.5m wide and 2.5m deep, 2.5m high.

I'm concerned the neighbours may complain as it is an eye sore. ..would this bother you If you lived in my row of terraces?

Sponsored Links
Are there any similar things in other yards?

Would it be an eyesore or, in fact, an improvement. Is it otherwise a lovely view?

Some people will complain about anything.

If your log cabin put my 4x6 plot in the shade, I would have something to complain about. Irrespective of any planning approvals. :evil::evil:
There is a limit to the height of any fencing a neighbour can erect, so your 2.5m high cabin would be an issue.

Sponsored Links
I'm moving to a 2 bed mid terraced house soon. It is a row of 6 terraced houses and we each have a small 4m wide X 6m long yard which can be seen at the back of everyone's house. I am putting a log cabin in that measures 3.5m wide and 2.5m deep, 2.5m high.

I'm concerned the neighbours may complain as it is an eye sore. ..would this bother you If you lived in my row of terraces?

it is permitted development (unless PD rights removed) so they dont have any choice

this is what it looks like at the moment. I am removing decking and building it on a base there
ia
GARDEN.png

Would the 2.5m height be from your yard or the raised base? Got a view of the other gardens from your top window? What would the shed be used for?

you need to make sure your cabin is no more than 2.5m from adjacent ground level to top

dony buy a cabin that is 2.5m tall

nb -Mottie just posted as I was typing -its a key point

the height is the adjacent highest point, but it has to be natural ground level

no it will be built from ground level (paving slab level). it's for work purposes - i will have up to 4 people visiting a day maximum mon-fri

it's actually 2.34m high - including the base i will not be higher than 2.5m

the kitchen windows look out onto the back where our yards are and also the bathroom / spare bedroom upstairs overlook the back yards

this is a side on view of the yards. mine will be where the brick building is to the right of the pic

Screen Shot 2020-03-01 at 16.56.02.png

it's for work purposes - i will have up to 4 people visiting a day maximum mon-fri
In that case, no, I wouldnt be happy at all. It’s a residential property and you could be opening a can of worms with planning, insurance, lease/mortgage etc. Your neighbours will almost certainly complain.

Isn't there a minimum you're supposed to have sheds from boundary fences? Wondering if the cabin is too big to reach that minimum.

Sponsored Links
Back