Would you accept Asbestos back in building materials?

Either way. They don't seem to have safety protections there to protect the public. If this was the UK, they would probably be fined or even shut down if there was raw asbestos on the floor in a commercial building

Sponsored Links
I take it there is no H&S plan, risk assessments or method statements, in fact the CDM Regulations have not been followed at all.

Quite serious beach then, and that's besides the asbestos issue.

And then comes the landlord and tenant issues for the new occupant, and the Defective Premises and Occupiers Liability law and negligence.

But fundamentally, there has been a potential asbestos release and exposure. If this is not reported and recorded, then if you do develop symptoms in the future, you have no claim.

Are some types of asbestos more dangerous than others.
Until it was banned some years ago asbestos was used in the manufacture of synthetic roofing slates.
We used to collect pallets of them ,there would be leaflets in the bundles of slates saying "contains asbestos wear a mask while cutting".
Although asbestos is no longer used there must be 100's of millions of them still on roofs ,when stripping off old asbestos slates you could clearly see the fibres and as these old roofs usually didn't have any sort of underlay the wind would have no problem blowing the fibres into the roof space.
I was told once that white asbestos was used in fibre cement building products and that blue asbestos used in lagging pipes was the more dangerous although I don't know if that is correct.

Sponsored Links
I pulled a load of brown tiles off our hallway floor, and swept up all the "dust".

Only dawned on me that they contained asbestos when I read a post on here. Should have expected it really (1950's ex council house..).

Back