Would you believe it!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After week of struggling
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=122815
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=122599
.. I have now cracked my flow rate problem and replaced the Aerjec. Clogged is an inadequate adjective for the old one. Gunge and scale to the extreme. It was a wonder that got any flow at all to heat just one radiator.

So spent yesterday doing a really careful job fitting a new Aerjec - perfect. I was able to prove good flow all round. Came to switch on the boiler and ....... pilot light will not ignite. Talk about bad luck / coincidence.
It was fine throughout all my past trauma with blockages.

It's a Netaheat 10-16 with the 407676 control board. All the right sounds are being made from the starting of the fan to the loud relay clicks when I'd expect it to fire. I've looked closely and can't see a spark (although not sure how good my eyes need to be for that).

Fuse is Ok and ignition connection to PCB seems to be sound.

**So I'm looking for opinion, please, as to whether to splash out £50-£60 on a control board (DIY) or whether I need Mr CORGI to look at the gas end of things.**

(Two more years and I'll upgrade, but not yet)

Sponsored Links
I'd LOL except I'm a bit fed up today.
Tried three puimps.
Water circulation is great with the new Aerjec, just the boiler has gone into stroppy child mode.

Tossing the coin for Control PCB or CORGI expert.

Fan runs then the big click is the pilot solinoid opening. Do you then hear the ignition sparking??

Could be the board however the lead to the spark electrode may be melted at the pilot end.

Sponsored Links
Hi. No sparking.
I read somewhere that if I create a 4mm gap between the PCB ignition output and ground I should get a spark if the PCB is okay.
I suppose that is the next logical step.

Hi. No sparking.
I read somewhere that if I create a 4mm gap between the PCB ignition output and ground I should get a spark if the PCB is okay.
I suppose that is the next logical step.

Correct.....BUT!!!!!

Make sure you have an insulated pair of pliers and watch what you are about...240vac all over the place!!!!!!!!!!!!!

High risk of electrocution if your not careful!!!

Thanks. Understand the risks (C.Eng and all that).
I presume if it sparks ok then I'll need a gas expert to investigate the other end or is that "safely" accessible too?

A replacement control board from Ebay (darren771177) has done the trick. At last the house is getting warm.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back