would you hold a grudge

Sponsored Links
Zampa said:
I didnt know you could sue someone for something like that..i.i an offence under criminal law as opposed to civil...
That's not what I was implying Zampa, but have you seen this?

http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/section1/chapter_i.html

But, seeing as you can and if it went your way in court you could have a real task on your hands receiving any awarded damages back from a thief because most of these people dont have anything in the first place.
Order to pay?
Warrant top levy goods?
Attachment to earnings?
Charging order on a property?

All of these are provided, and upheld, by the law. The use of fists isn't.

In principle a fine attached to earnings is probably the best option there,,,I didnt realise that something like that could be attached to a criminal offence such as theft...I was always under the impression that was mostly in cases of child maintenance etc..

Thats assuming though that the burglar works...thinking logically though...if he did he wouldnt be robbing people.

Charging orders on their assets..cant see them having many...certainly in the case of junkies.

When they are fined they always ask for time to pay...we painted some law courts once a lad got a 50 pound fine for theft..then had the cheek to ask for time to pay and the court settled ofr a pound a week!...after all you cant deny the poor little lambsie his liftstyle of cheap fags and white lighting.

The system itself needs to be looked at...the CPS work in a simialr way to a lot of these 'no win no fee' bucket shop solicitors inasmuch that as far as certain cases are concerned they only back a winner..if they think its going to be a struggle in court you recieve the standard ..'it is not in the publics interest to pursue this matter further' together with details on how to take someone to court yourself.

Which is all well and good...but it didnt get my door mirror unit back after a woman drove past and smashed the lot to pieces...I saw her...she had marks on her car, the police came an even said it was obvious she was lying...but the CPS wouldnt take it on because it was 'my word against hers' :evil:

Plus the sentance some of these people is also weak in many cases...i wasnt happy that the piece of vermin that broke into my daughters place was offered a caution in return of bringing the good back he had whipped.

Im sure everyone would do 'the right thing' and go to the law to get these things sorted but when they see criminals virtually getting away with it and the systems itself making it so difficult for them to be prosecuted anyway...thats when people take things into their own hands (rightly or wrongly)

We have done the right thing this time...left it to the law..somehow I think we are going to end up very dissapointed though.

billy
an aside.
would you complain if the oiks came back mob handed if your m8 had smacked the thief?

i am defo in the smack them camp but if i actually stop to think then i think you might start a war for a drill.

its very hard to decide what to do :confused: for what its worth, i think you are just as likely to get a beating if you involve the law, either that or so much frustration taking that course.

bring back the A team.:cool:

Sponsored Links
I hold a grudge forever unless apologised to, sounds like the whole family needs gassing and do the world a favour, if you and your mates are up for it give em all a kicking, if not leave it, what goes round comes round eventually.

Back