The Day the Immigrants Left - BBC1

Sponsored Links
'Some interesting points here- I agree that our welfare state has enabled a number of people to be employed as "professionally unemployed people". It has removed the hunger and need for too many to get off their sorry backsides and make the effort, and this was demonstrated by some of the participants in tonight's documentary.

Personally, I've never been out of a job for more than a few weeks, since I've never considered myself too proud nor any job "beneath me" to do anything to make my own way - when I have taken breaks from teaching I've swept popcorn in cinemas, sold vacuum cleaners, laboured on sites (retrained as a plumber to help) etc etc.'

Dex, you have the mindset the same as most of us, but the government is failing in its duties.

Two stories both involving respected friends:
First: At Mahat Magahndi house Wembley - foreign person demands contact with relatives abroad, so, eventually, the person behind the ramp gives mobile phone to said person and pays bill

Secondly: a friend was waiting in the doctors surgery. A youngish girl, with a babe in a pram said to her friend that she wanted to ' knockout' another kid to get a bigger council place. Meanwhile, her ' partner' was outside drinking a can of Lager and having a ciggie.
What sort of world do we live in? The hard working people in this country stand no chance at all !!!!!

Sponsored Links
Sorry I dropped out of the thread lads, I was sent to bed but I've sneaked back down! shhhhhh!

Are you two still awake? Oh no! You've been having cocoa! You'll both be off to nod!

;) :LOL:

I might be a whipper snapper dex but I'll bet you're healthier than I am at the minute! :cry: Hope I get some good news at next scan!

Two stories both involving respected friends:
First: At Mahat Magahndi house Wembley - foreign person demands contact with relatives abroad, so, eventually, the person behind the ramp gives mobile phone to said person and pays bill

Secondly: a friend was waiting in the doctors surgery. A youngish girl, with a babe in a pram said to her friend that she wanted to ' knockout' another kid to get a bigger council place. Meanwhile, her ' partner' was outside drinking a can of Lager and having a ciggie.
What sort of world do we live in? The hard working people in this country stand no chance at all !!!!!
What bugs me is how come (I would hazard a guess) we all know so many anecdotal cases, based on personal observations or close friends?

Let me put it this way- if we did a poll on here regarding how many people had first hand experiences of observing a murder (or knows someone who was involved), my guess is that it would be a relatively small number. And yet, it seems that a large number of people on here know of local cases where the sort of anecdotal examples you recount have been replicated.

I'm one of the lazy fkres you talk about, but i will work for a reasonable wage, where i live, there isn't work about, so life is worse, staying in bed, i drink every night, but don't when i'm working.

I want work, i need it, the dole is peanuts, so i must be a monkey, you don't reaLISE the crap, lying people that iv'e spoke to at the job centre.

" don't you realise there's a resecsion ?" (sp) that's them moaning at work at me,told them, one day, you shall be in my shoes, yes, plenty getting laid off shortly>

I have not read through the whole thread, so I apologize for repeating others views and comments, even those that have been disagreed with.
At the end of the day the current unemployed British are either lazy bastards or demanding more than they can get, or can't afford to take on a lower wage, because of financial comments organised in the past, so it does not stack up for them get a job.

That young lad 27 I think, is that young? Chance to work but at home on a games console, lazy tw@ :!:

I'd love to elaborate, but i've got work to do ;)

I watched that prog last night with some interest.

As I have mentioned before on here, I drive a truck at weekends to keep Miss Green jnr in uni fees etc.

Mostly, the job involves delivering chilled produce to supermarket distribution centres, now to my point-

A major supermarket I deliver to, has two RDCs about 50 miles apart, one staffed almost entirely by Eastern Europeans, the other staffed almost entirely by Brits.

Last weekend I went to both, with very similar loads.

One RDC took 20 minutes to unload me, QC the goods & stamp POD,

the other took 3 1/2 hours.

Care to guess which was staffed by the Brits?

The (polite) Polish lad I spoke to said he and his mates get a real buzz from getting lorries in and out in minutes, bless him.

I have not read through the whole thread, so I apologize for repeating others views and comments, even those that have been disagreed with.
At the end of the day the current unemployed British are either lazy b*****d or demanding more than they can get, or can't afford to take on a lower wage, because of financial comments organised in the past, so it does not stack up for them get a job.

That young lad 27 I think, is that young? Chance to work but at home on a games console, lazy tw@ :!:

I'd love to elaborate, but i've got work to do ;)

Actually, Prentice, I thought that this young lad might be exactly the type of example to which Dextrous referred. Clearly he is not destined to be bequeathed with a Queen’s Award for Enterprise, but I did get a sense that he might have been set up to make an impact. Perhaps a member of the film crew feigned an interest in console game paraphernalia and encouraged him to demonstrate his scoring ability? I am not usually a conspiracy theorist but I just thought that this was a bit of a ploy to provoke a viewer response. ;)

Not such a different view from the other side of the looking glass.
"Young Poles as lazy as Italians?" News from Poland

Apparently salaries for the 'well qualified' almost equal UK values... But the 'average' gross monthly salary across Poland was (1998) PLN 3,165 (£703) - skewed no doubt by the higher salaries. -- Median would have been a better measure.
So for a half decent construction tradesman having moved to once booming UK - I guess there would be some incentive to graft when his wage could have exceeded £30k or PLN 135,000 some 43 times greater than at home, plus benefits.
Likewise perhaps, but not restricted to, the lowly educated youngster with naff all work at home... £5 an hour, say £800 pm. or PLN 3600 must also seem pretty good as a starting point.

I would hazard a guess that umpteen billions more than is doled out to the jobless in UK, is passed to the well heeled through tax reliefs and other benefits... I come from a farming area -- knew very few poor farmers -- Better for some that the unfortunates through birth and/or outlook are targeted...
Just one example see what happened to the Corus 'carbon credits' and I guess jobs siphoned off to India from the North of UK...

-0-

So, these Eastern Europeans are working for the National Minimum Wage,,,, How many of them are also claiming working tax credits and Family working tax credits and sending this money back home??
I had some Polish people working for our company from an agency. Several of them admitted to claiming family working tax credit, wwhilst not actually being married or having kids. They were fleecing a lax system of checks by the tax people in this country.

Sponsored Links
Back