Why you can't get a job!

Sponsored Links
perfected by the last labour lot.

Ahh, that's because Labour are committed to having everyone, dependant upon the state. Whether that's through being employed by local/national government, or through being on benefits, is something only Milibland can answer. ;) ;)

I've always understood Labour policy is to make everyone equal.

Aye,,,, big problem wi that though. Labour MP's are not going to give up their lucrative wages, nor insist that we're paid the same as them for doing sweet FA , the same as they are.
So wanting everyone equal, will never work.. Simple fact,, "Some are more equal than others"

Those of you arguing that JF is a good hard worker where "we" are the skivers and dole layabouts.....

Weren't you yesterday/last week/last month arguing that JF were the skivers and dole layabouts and "we" were the good hard workers?

FFS, make your minds up.... :rolleyes:

When all the hub-hub started about foreigners working here I was under the impression it was for the skilled. As the former eastern block countries are encompassed in the union I find it hard to understand why those individuals are not at home helping their countries make it. It also makes me wonder how these are skilled and find it better to work here. How come they have these skills in the first place ? It doesn't answer the overriding question , Why in England was/is there a shortage of home born that these foreign skilled provide? Is it that these skilled jobs are not seen as nice or skilled by us. All I've seen of these skilled workers is working in the fields and pushing prams and barrows looking for scrap. Plenty will say I'm banging the kraut drum again. However, why are they already in some of these countries and we ain't. B'ham former centre of world engineering has an unemployment rate which is continually rising whilst other regions have very slight or stagnant figures. Now this area has had a bad WORLD press down to terrorism. If I was a 'home or away' investor this is the last place I'd want to come. This comparison cannot be a coincidence . There are those here who know how I feel about this entrenched breed ,I like to think myself as a patriot whist others [wrongly] a racist. Either way what cannot be disputed this unwanted baggage is an economic disaster. Not only do they drain us from inside they also prevent investment from anywhere. Don't give them your money. Sometimes you've got to be cruel to be kind

Sponsored Links
They don't need your money as they all have free houses and benefits thanks to the tax payer.

I like to think myself as a patriot whist others [wrongly] a racist.

I don't think you are a racist, nor even an ethnicist. I agree with all you have said.

My philosophy is keep the hard working immigrants and remove the ones who are here on the dole... along with our own indigenous dossers.

When all the hub-hub started about foreigners working here I was under the impression it was for the skilled.

As far as I can make out, there was a brief 'window' from the 50s to the 70s approx, where there was a shortage of labour, skilled or otherwise, in The UK.

Jobs were plentiful and workers in large or medium companies used their collective muscle to demand better pay, better conditions and more paid holidays. Compared to earlier generations, and those to follow, they'd 'never had it so good'. Perhaps this was seen by governments here, almost as a reward for those who had struggled through WW2 and the austerity that followed.

However, I'm convinced that successive governments have vowed not to let a situation happen again, where it's an emplyees' job market. They are determined to keep the labour supply high, so as not to frighten off investment to other countries with cheaper workforces. There will always be many more jobseekers than the number of poorly paid jobs that are available.

Yes, governments will dress up the need for mass immigration of unskilled workers as addressing the problem of an ageing population and what was at one time, a declining birthrate. However, this isn't the full truth.

As the former eastern block countries are encompassed in the union I find it hard to understand why those individuals are not at home helping their countries make it. It also makes me wonder how these are skilled and find it better to work here.

We do a lot of travelling in central Europe (calling Czechs, Poles or Hungarians E. Europeans is guaranteed to annoy :LOL: ). On a visit to Budapest, I asked the friends that we were staying with what keeps the Hungarian economy going? What do they do or what goods are produced?Our hosts seemed to struggle for answers, and apart from some minor manufacturing and farming, there didn't seem to be much going on. Unless you can run an economy on tourism and goulash.

The central/eastern Europeans come to countries like the UK, as there really isn't very much going on in their own countries. There are some poorly paid jobs, and many seem to live a basic life on the land, or city-dwellers live in crumbling, ex-Commie 'panel' flats. When the Commies were sent packing from these countries, much of the financial support and many of the non-jobs went with them.

I can see the attraction of the UK, especially being able to top their wages up with benefits which are sent back to their home countries. Surely, though, it has now reached saturation point and the Romas/Bulgarians are going to be disappointed next year.

Things are really stuffed up for the younger generation of Brits though.

That was one hell of a spiel. I may not have not been so precise in my wording as I thought, it was regarding the second round of immigrants, lol poles , gypsy dildo's etc. However, considering what you have said ,I have to relay my version. WW11 was the end of empire, many,especially those in the colonies couldn't get their heads around such a big change and carried on as such. When it came to kicking out time many couldn't leave without the charwallah's etc. In the haste to leave papers were dished out without considering that it would include extended family members that could not possibly be checked. This did not inc forgeries and illegals. Back here post war output was as expected maximum , jobs aplenty. Nobody realized or thought about the impending impact that would be caused. When their numbers increased and interfered with normal English life it was too late, the cancer had started. Many have spoken/written of the dangers ever since. 'Unemployment is a price worth paying' Thatcher. She is absolutely right ,there should always be a back up pool of workers, this pool is far too big and surplus to requirements. None of them have a right to stay here as they are all guilty by association as harbouring of illegals and allowing them to avoid taxes and checks. We don't know what evil things sneaked in and stayed. Did you know if you are an illegal and you stay here 10yrs you can stay. What the hell is that about ?

So the eastern Europeans ain't rich and ain't skilled. How do they get here and how do they stay ?

So the eastern Europeans ain't rich and ain't skilled. How do they get here and how do they stay ?

Many of the EEs are skilled, but not always in anything that has a use or much demand here. There are plenty of stories of Poles with degrees from Warsaw Uni taking menial jobs in the UK. The cleaner in the office where my brother works is a geography teacher from Gdansk.

Others who have skills in demand will be undercutting Brits, but still be better off than if they stayed in E. Europe. They're prepared to make sacrifices now for the benefit of their future and their families' futures.

That's no good, they might have good reasons for working here and being skilled in something that is surplus is no reason why they can come here at the expense of one of ours. It's a false economy. You pay the import and have to pay the person on the dole , for the same job.

It's like filling in a pot hole and leaving one a yard away to come back at another time

When all the hub-hub started about foreigners working here I was under the impression it was for the skilled.

As far as I can make out, there was a brief 'window' from the 50s to the 70s approx, where there was a shortage of labour, skilled or otherwise, in The UK.

Jobs were plentiful and workers in large or medium companies used their collective muscle to demand better pay, better conditions and more paid holidays. Compared to earlier generations, and those to follow, they'd 'never had it so good'. Perhaps this was seen by governments here, almost as a reward for those who had struggled through WW2 and the austerity that followed.

However, I'm convinced that successive governments have vowed not to let a situation happen again, where it's an emplyees' job market. They are determined to keep the labour supply high, so as not to frighten off investment to other countries with cheaper workforces. There will always be many more jobseekers than the number of poorly paid jobs that are available.

Yes, governments will dress up the need for mass immigration of unskilled workers as addressing the problem of an ageing population and what was at one time, a declining birthrate. However, this isn't the full truth.
ageing population is become a big problem, Material life to improve, the improvement of the medical insurance, elderly population increasing, how to put the life of old people, this is a problem we should face

Sponsored Links
Back