Labour's proposed higher minimum wage

why i think it is a bad idea.

1. Everyone starts earning a higher minimum wage, where will the money to pay this extra income come from?

2. Higher costs obviously,means a company's products or services could be under a threat from competition or simply prising the products or services beyond affordability.

3. Company directors aren't going to sacrifice their salaries to pay for higher wages, so they will start shedding staff or employees to compensate for higher pay (or higher minimum pay)

4. This means bad news for the rest of the employees, who now must work even harder for their higher minimum wage.

5, Short staff also means bad and poor service.

6.It could force many employers to take their business abroad or outsource services and products.

7.higher minimum wages in UK will then attract many thousands migrant workers from those poorly paid in East European countries . It would open flood gates of migrant worker as UK would pay a lot higher wages for their work.

8. Many businesses will have to increase costs of their products, which will drive inflation higher thus nulling any impact of the higher wages

9. Higher minimum wage will directly impact inflation

10. Like me there are very many people willing to work for less than a minimum wage, as always something is better than nothing, it would enable one to put some food on his plate at lower prices, higher wages means higher prices.

11. it is a fact, there are many many East European migrant workers willing to work at less than minimum wages, so why not benefit out of this migration, no wonder they all want to move to Britain so sure labours minimum wages is going to be a disaster in the long run,

12. it will create more job loses, higher unemployment,

13. There will be more empty shops and businesses, especially now that they will be penalising law breakers £50,000 so many won't even bother to run a business any more.

14. A worker should earn according to his abilities, a lazy worker may not get paid a top rate, a good high productive worker should deserve a higher wage.

15. A worker should be able to negotiate a suitable wage with his employer, what his employer can afford, and if a worker is not happy about his pay, he has a choice to find another job,

16. an employer has no choice other than to reduce staff, or close down business or take it abroad.

17. labour are digging their own election grave.
What a load of crap :LOL: Basically you are saying that lower wages means that the ordinary worker will be better off,So why don't we all work for nothing then, working hard doesn't always mean you are going to get paid what you think you are worth, the country has been flooded with cheap labour it's a race to the bottom where wages are concerned.
we work longer hours in this country than the Germans yet the krauts are better off than us, it's the addiction to cheap labour which is bringing this country down.

Sponsored Links
Migrant workers work harder and longer hours than their indigenous counterparts.
Fact.

False. Human nature is the same the world over. If a human doesn't have to work then he won't. More Poles on the dole than any other migrant people. Fact.

Sponsored Links
It's no surprise really though noseal. Years ago I went to Australia for a year working on sites. The Aussies always used to comment about how willing the Brits were to work their *******s off. It's obvious really we were there to earn as much as we could in a short period. Just like the EEs do over here now.

Just a PS though; not all of them work hard. I've come across some lazy little gits on site and my lad was telling me the other day how they got rid of a couple of the EEs off site because they were a waste of time.

hey you are so rude, even computer finds your name rude and hence cut the crap out of it! :LOL: what a load of crap you said,

Sometimes I wonder, if Brits are living in a cuckoo land.

I met yesterday a Retired 80 year old GP, and saw his pension statement,
he used to be my ex GP, he gets £4990.00 per MONTH, his net Pension from the NHS, after he pays his tax of about £1200 PM, leaves him still around £3990.00 Per month to live on! and that is his NHS pension, he then has his state pension of about £400-00 per month, and another private pension of about £1500 pm,

This made me feel sick! (good luck to the Doctor) but he is getting paid a pension of £60,000 per year from NHS alone, what was he getting as a salary? can anyone imagine, that is when you say bring on minimum wage!

Some people have worked so hard all their lives and still don't even have a 10th of his yearly salary in their banks!

Don't take him wrong, he is a genius Doctor, he worked for the WHO and was posted to Africa for 7 years, and has also worked for UN, he has 10 degrees in front of his name. But his pension alone left me gobsmacked!

and where the fook did you get a name like that from?

Migrant workers work harder and longer hours than their indigenous counterparts.
Fact.

that should be

some Migrant workers work harder and longer hours than some off their indigenous counterparts.
Fact.

mIGRANT WORKERS WITH THE INTENTION OF (SORRY CAPS WERE ON) settling in Britain soon acclimate to British Standards, and then expect the same treatment as a British co worker, with same privileges and same entitlement to Benefits, but those who only come here to get somewhere in life seriously, want to earn as much money as they can with minimum fuss, , and then work hard for a period of between 3 to 5 years and go back and build themselves a nice house, and live happy ever after, I know some such people from Romania, one came over and worked so hard, lived 3 to a room, paying something like £40 PW for his accommodation inc bills, and eat only Lidl Frankfurters and bread, saved over 40K and bought a used transit tipper and went back to romania, is now earning good money collecting farm produce in his tipper and selling it to market traders in his country.

Don't take him wrong, he is a genius Doctor,, he has 10 degrees in front of his name.

Let's say an average 3 yrs per degree. There's 30 yrs there he hasn't worked at all. |You don't half tell some fookin porkies MFL . :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
PS, degrees, etc go after your name, not before. (thicko)

I know some such people from Romania, one came over and worked so hard, lived 3 to a room, paying something like £40 PW for his accommodation inc bills, and eat only Lidl Frankfurters and bread, saved over 40K .

Yet another porkie MFL. How on earth can someone on the NMW ever afford to save £40k, (far less bloody well earn it) ? Like someone said earlier, you must live in cloud cuckoo land, or think we're so naive. Christ, I've heard it all now " I'm on the NMW and managed ( legally, somehow, ) to save £40,000" Tell ya what,, whatever your taking, I reckon you should share it out. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I know some such people from Romania, one came over and worked so hard, lived 3 to a room, paying something like £40 PW for his accommodation inc bills, and eat only Lidl Frankfurters and bread, saved over 40K .

Yet another porkie MFL. How on earth can someone on the NMW ever afford to save £40k, (far less bloody well earn it) ? Like someone said earlier, you must live in cloud cuckoo land, or think we're so naive. Christ, I've heard it all now " I'm on the NMW and managed ( legally, somehow, ) to save £40,000" Tell ya what,, whatever your taking, I reckon you should share it out. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

say £40 plus £20 food and clothes a week is £3k a year
minimum wage £6.80 ish
assume 80 hrs a week =£544minus say 154 tax and deductions so £390 x48 =£18.520 minus 3k so 40k over 3 year is possible but requires 16 hrs a day 5 days a week or 12 hrs 7 days a week so no life no luxuries like phone /tv/take aways/ clothes/cleaning materials/travel expences

the chances they are on lower than minimum wage and have more" running costs" so nearer to half at around 11k disposable

GPs aren't employed by the NHS, they are independent contractors contracted to the NHS. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back