Labour's proposed higher minimum wage

Sponsored Links
Don't be silly, I did not say he worked on minimum wages, he was working on the Olympics Village, a scaffolder, and he grafted as many hours as he could 7 days a week, at least for 2 years, he probably saved 40K just in one year I recon. He was on £12ph, and did long hours, add sunday double time, why do you see a problem here?

The only problem I ever saw there was a certain Mr Brown (or could have been Bliar) telling us when London was awarded the Olympics, that "This will mean British jobs, for British workers."

What utter b*****ks. We were sold down the Thames. Eastern European labour built most of the Olympic Village and Stadia.
So in one word YES (I did have a problem with that.)

Sadly that was true, British workers, where would you find thousands of skilled workers willing to travel to london and sleep rough since London has some of the very expensive accommodation and shortage of cheap housing, so if they had got down to South, a large proportion of their wages would have gone towards travel and subsistence, that means the gap had to be filled by thousands who embarked from poland and Other East european countries, not requiring high standard accommodation as a British co worker would need. Would you share a room with two or three other European workers and around 10 living in a house sharing one or two toilets and one bathroom in filthy condition! We all know how we brand London as a ****e hole of Britain, yet it is the financial heart of the world.

They (East Europeans) saved our Nose, without them we would have lost our credibility to conduct Olympic games, and for the first time in the History of Olympics games, they would have been cancelled because British workers alone would not have built the village in time.

So they and locals delivered a top quality job on time. ;)

With 9 BILLION pounds to spend there was plenty of money. Most went to the likes of Lord Coe. :rolleyes:

[
Would you share a room with two or three other European workers and around 10 living in a house sharing one or two toilets and one bathroom in filthy condition! We all know how we brand London as a s***te hole of Britain, yet it is the financial ANUS of the world.

:
and the Gherkin is it`s suppository :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Back