Would you say it's ok to cut away these sections of shed?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Shed is a wooden one. 109"L-x-81"W-x-96"H

The previous owner had it as a dog shed which i imagine all that meshing was for.

I'd rather open it up if possible to give me more space in there. There's 6 triangular pieces in the ceiling section with the 2 upright posts under the centre triangle.

I've had a look & i don't see why these would be required as far as keeping the shed upright, but was just wondering what those more experienced than I would say....

I wont come back & sue you :D but would you say those uprights are good to go? & obviously the blocks at the base. It'd certainly give me more space if i could get rid.

Sponsored Links
Well I can't be 100% certain, but I would consider it very unsual for those truss members to have been designed with those uprights, so they should be safe to remove.

If in doubt some plywood/chipboard gusseting would strenghten the trusses, I don't think it necessary, but I throw it out there if you want peace of mind.

That's good enough for me. I've obtained your IP addresses & if anything goes wrong then I know what I said, but I will track you & sue you :D

Seriously though, that's good enough for me to have a bash. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
That's good enough for me. I've obtained your IP addresses & if anything goes wrong then I know what I said, but I will track you & sue you :D

Seriously though, that's good enough for me to have a bash. Thanks.

NOOOOOOOOOOO DONT DO IT!!!!!!!!

It will all fall down.

Only kidding crack on.

whilst i 100% agree with others if it a rectangle they are cosmetic
is the shed extended in any way with the wall removed under those roof trusses meaning those trusses need support??

If by trusses you mean those triangular section things at the top of the shed then there are only two uprights on one of these pieces - the centre piece.

It all appears to me like it was sectioned off for their dog & nothing more. I wasn't sure since i've never built a shed before :)

ok do the the walls off the shed each side off the "A" frames that make up the roof trusses have any gaps that look like the edge off the "A" frames will not have enough support??
a picture as suggested to each side of the vertical supported "a "frame should clear it up :D

Looks like they are just there to separate the areas off the shed and probably ok to remove.

I Agree 100%, there shouldn't be an issue at all as the rest of the trusses look solidly built. Plus the uprights look like they have been added after the initial construction anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back